Anyone Interested In a Double Intercooler

SCboostedhard

Hey, I am new to this site and have owned an SC for a few months now. I have a friend that told me about this forum. I figured I would put my first post here to see if anyone was interested in buying a double intercooler. I have built one for myself and wanted to see if anyone else wanted one built as well. It works really well and is easy for me as I have no problems welding and cutting aluminum. My friend was the one who gave me the idea because he said that some of you guys don't want to buy a FM because they are too expensive. I could make another one and post a pic if anyone is interested. I figured I could probably build one and sell if for about 250 300 if this is fair. It added a nice SOTP feel on my car, so I thought I would offer it to others. Thanks and It is nice to know that there are others interested in The SC, and I look forward to Getting to know you guys. :cool:

Welcome! There are already several guys here that make double intercoolers, but that is not to say I think you shouldn't do it. Do you pressure test after completion to ensure there are no leaks? What is the turnaraound time, and does an interested person have to supply both cores? (I would imagine yes)

One other thing, since you are new it make take awhile before people consider you "trustworthy". A lot of folks feel more comfortable buying from somebody who is established here and has a good reputation. So I would reccommend guaging interest in the "New Products" forum, start posting here often, and it wouldn't hurt to become a paid member of the sccoa for $15 (if your not already).

Welcome and good luck!

Same here, I'd like some pics!

The other guy that advertises making them seems to be wanting to get out of the business. Not to put words in his mouth, but usually when he offers them, here lately, he talks like "these will the last ones."

I am actually planning on sending him a core or two in the near future for a double ICs and a rasie top.

The price for his doubele ICs, if I am not mistaken, is about 325, but depends on if you send him a core (or cores) or not.

Also, it may be in your interest to make raised top also, the guy mentioned above makes raised tops as well.

It may be best to try the raised tops first, you may initially get more customers if you can establish your workmanship on some raised tops, which aren't as expensive as double ICs. Most folks may be skeptical about sendingmoney to a new comer. I know I like other folks to be the ginnea pig so to speak, when it comes to spending a few hundered over the internet.

But I would say some very detailed pics of your work would do wonders for response...

Good luck!

Thanks for your input, I will make another one this weekend or next and see if I can get a new thread with some pics. I may try and sell one to someone in chicagoland so that they can post their experiences dealing with me. I am interested in selling some because I have had great success with mine and can notice a solid performance gain. Thanks guys and I will try and get some pics in a week or so.

Back