Ricefest B16 flavor

mn12freak

Went cruising the other night. Got taunted by a 1999 or so GT that refused to race after I opened up a bit in second, finally found a race with a small tuner-looking CRX. When I say tuner-looking, I'm saying that this wasn't fast n furious style work, the thing sounded healthy as hell and everything looked functional, not flashy. I'm not sure he even had a spoiler! (wow!)

Anyway I opened up next to him for a sec, just to tease the rice you know, and no sooner did I do that then he bolted! I was like, Oh hell yea.

So I turned to my roommate in the passenger seat and said "It's on", caught up next to the thing and dropped into second and brought the growls up. He looked, over waiting for my foot to drop and at the same second we hit it, from about 35 or 40. DEAD EVEN.

We got to about 65 MPH and neither one of us had crept the slightest, it was freaking amazing, I've seen Z28 Camaros fare worse. So anyway next race I brought him down to first gear range and let that bitch rip, I got him by a half car and held it up to about 75. I have to say in the top end he was better, but from low-end, his *** was all mine. Very impressive though, I asked him at the next light if he was a B18 swap, he hollered back B16, if true, very impressive.

Yes they are impressive. But remimber theres only a few that are that quick. Alot of those cars run in the 15-17 second range.

chadder1313 said:
Yes they are impressive. But remimber theres only a few that are that quick. Alot of those cars run in the 15-17 second range.

B16 swap is automatic 14's in a CRX. 13's are in bolt on range.

A rex is a light little beasty, and the B16 is a very impressive motor that is very well supported by the aftermarket. I've seen some with very few bolt on's can run low 14's all day long. very consistent. one of my good friends had a built B16 in a rex (fully race built, high compression forged pistons, aftermarket high flowing ported polished heads, new cam, crank, blah blah blah, you all know the ropes) run a mid 13 n/a without juice, on pump gas. Don't ask me how he didn't have knock. But they are very impressive little pocket rockets. and they handle stupid good.

Back