hard shifting while coasting

specops_SC

hey all. i just recently installed a trans-go shift kit in my bird and i love it. 2 holds out and that 1-2 shift is awesome :D i did notice something i dont really like though. when shifting into overdrive while giving it gas, the shift is nice and smooth. however, if i bring it up past the OD shift speed in 3rd, then let off the gas, the 3-4 shift is clunky and awkward. it doesnt slip or anything. it just makes a bunch of noise and the car bucks a little. any ideas? other than that, the bird is running great.

Moses

Hey Moses, My car does the same thing with the Trans-go. I've got about 15,000 miles on mine and it hasn't failed yet. (Knock on wood) My tranny rebuilder told me it is normal with the shift kit. I wish mine would hold 2nd though! It shifts out of 2nd pretty fast at the track. It's killing my times. Oh well, 5 Speed swap is very soon!

NMxr7SC said:
Hey Moses, My car does the same thing with the Trans-go. I've got about 15,000 miles on mine and it hasn't failed yet. (Knock on wood) My tranny rebuilder told me it is normal with the shift kit. I wish mine would hold 2nd though! It shifts out of 2nd pretty fast at the track. It's killing my times. Oh well, 5 Speed swap is very soon!

glad to hear it. lol. yours still shifts out of 2nd too quick? mine draws out very nicely, a lot better than stock. i think you'll enjoy the 5spd more. im hoping to be enjoying mine soon :D

Moses

Back