why my tires are bald

MKTSC

these are from a while ago, but just got them hosted. thought you guys might enjoy.

11152080-be80-028001E0-.jpg

11152078-60dc-028001E0-.jpg

11152054-8797-028001E0-.jpg

and a vid for you guys:

http://ryanoneil.com/clubsi/BURNOUT%20MOVIE.avi

enjoy
-matt

Ya know...

Ya know. I run my car pretty hard...I mean racing a lot. But I just can't seem to bring myself to do any kind of burnout with it unless its from a dead stop and its because Im racing. I have never did a donut in my car!!!! Never brake torque it or anything!! I guess if I had the funds to back it up I would be doing that to. I only wish I did. LOL oh the things i would do.

right there is photo evidence of the only doghnut i've ever done in any car. i've only power braked a handful of times. i dont get retarded in the car, i just like to have a little fun from time to time

I noticed some one wheel peel on the donut cause of your open rear. Sometimes you can get both to smoke in a straight line as evidenced by your photo.
I'll be getting a real traction loc or eaton posi for my 95 soon because of this.

yeah when i put gears in, i'm going to go with a trac loc too. i was surprised that i got both to spin in that one photo. 1 wheel peels suck though. especially at the track.
-matt

Making me anxious to get my sc back... I'm gonna be adding quite a few goodies here in the next few weeks... including a Cobra Diff with 3.73's... I can't wait :)

if you have a 94sc auto, from what i hear 3.55's are the way to go due to our wide ratio gears. with 3.73's i beleive all we would do is spin in 1st.
-matt

Ha! All I do is spin in first with stock gears! Actually I'm satisfied with the 3.31's. Decent take off and highway cruising. With all the torque these things make, I think steep gearing is unnecessary for the street. I'm getting a PI convertor instead of gears when the time comes.

I had a 94 auto with 3.73's and I didn' t have too many problems with traction...it's all about the tires you're running.

Back