PDA

View Full Version : 95sc auto - near Austin, TX

tigerknight
03-08-2005, 07:15 PM
I tried buying across state lines before and just got burned. I really miss my last t-bird (but I know it went to a good home where it could get fixed up), but would like to get another. Of all the various cars I've driven this one just fit me the best, and suburban I am driving now just isn't really that economical.

txsc
03-09-2005, 01:22 AM
I tried buying across state lines before and just got burned. I really miss my last t-bird (but I know it went to a good home where it could get fixed up), but would like to get another. Of all the various cars I've driven this one just fit me the best, and suburban I am driving now just isn't really that economical.

I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but there's an '89 for sale in Pflugerville. I looked at it this evening. It's kind of rough cosmetically, but would be good for someone who can do their own work.

Andy is the owner, and has it listed in the "For Sale" forum. He's a nice guy, and will deal fairly. He's motivated to sell, and is VERY receptive to offers. You might take a drive out to give it a look.

Good Luck,

Jerry Davis

tigerknight
03-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I mentioned a '95 because that's the one I had originally and loved it to pieces. That was totaled by a DD hit/run and then I picked up a 94 5spd from new york through the forums here, and that's where I got burned (plus I learned that manual's fun doesn't outweigh automatic laziness for me ;] ).

So 'what I'm looking for' is an automatic SC, all the amenities (sun/moon roof, thermostat w/outside sensor, traction assist, suspension adjustment selector, etc - don't know which of those options are available across which years). Doesn't have to be in pristine outside condition, but not totally torn up either.

Driving is the biggest thing. I had to replace a head gasket on the '94 the instant it got here, and nearly the entire brake system on the '95 when I first picked that up (though I knew that was a problem when I bought it and bargained down for it). If the car just needs a checkup on a 'major tune' checklist, that's fine. If the transmission is about to give out.. not likely. I don't have that much cash around to fix it after getting the car in the first place.

Does he have pictures up - could you link me the for-sale article from the other forums?

TwoToneThunder
03-09-2005, 12:13 PM
who did u buy the 94sc off of?
whatd u do with it

tigerknight
03-09-2005, 12:25 PM
who did u buy the 94sc off of?
whatd u do with it

I forget the username here, it was almost a year ago now. I had gotten the HG fixed and started using it for a couple of months, it ran rough but not bad.

Tried to make a left turn through a gap in a bunch of cars waiting at a red light. ****er was ON the phone and not paying attention and didn't even touch the brakes before hitting me at probably 35mph or so on the passenger door. The 94 was totaled and I just let the insurance company keep it - didn't like that car much anyway.

My fault, but him being a dork didn't help.

TwoToneThunder
03-09-2005, 12:27 PM
was it this one?
http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=dandrow

tigerknight
03-09-2005, 12:33 PM
was it this one?
http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=dandrow

That's the one. Chrome air intake w/blue rubber is a dead giveaway - plus the guy's real name sticks in my head now that I see it again.

Supposedly at the time was saying he was getting out of SC's - don't tell me he's still trying to sell that car when it was written off almost a year ago now. A total sleaze - said the car was running fine, either faked or had some carshop buddy write a good inspection report/receipt becaue as soon as it came off the truck here in TX the pipe was throwing white smoke like you wouldn't believe.

TwoToneThunder
03-09-2005, 12:34 PM
hes not trying to sell it. ive talked to him for along time on aol he is out of sc's he owns a mustang gt now

tigerknight
03-09-2005, 12:39 PM
hes not trying to sell it. ive talked to him for along time on aol he is out of sc's he owns a mustang gt now

At least that much of his story is true then :P When I told him about the state of the car when it arrived he denied selling a bad car, but then later said 'you're being awfully nice about this'. Guess I wasn't cussing and threatening him as much as he expected me to be.

As if that would help - lemon laws only protect against dealers, not sales between individuals. But you can bet I was quite pissed.

TwoToneThunder
03-09-2005, 12:40 PM
when i got my 94 within 1000 miles i blew the gaskets and the harmonic balancer broke to i feel your pain

tigerknight
03-09-2005, 12:44 PM
when i got my 94 within 1000 miles i blew the gaskets and the harmonic balancer broke to i feel your pain

Ouch. That bites. Once I got the brakes taken care of on my 95, the car was a dream. I should have kept the car as a total loss, taken the payoff from the insurance and gotten it fixed re-certified. But sold it to Anthony Poole from the forums here because he had the time/cash to really rebuild it proper from ground up. It even showed up on the SC of the month picture when the side was still caved in - he just kept the camera from seeing that side ;]

I miss that car - it's why I want another sc.

TwoToneThunder
03-09-2005, 12:46 PM
yea they are awesome cars im lucky enough to own one at 17 i had my 89 at 16 but that one bit the dust

TwoToneThunder
03-09-2005, 01:08 PM
is there a way i can find out where the car is? i want it

tigerknight
03-09-2005, 01:14 PM
is there a way i can find out where the car is? i want it

The totaled 94? No clue.. My guess would be that by now it's already been parted out by the insurance company's affiliate.

TwoToneThunder
03-09-2005, 01:16 PM
is there a phone number i can contact the insurance company? might as well give it a shot

txsc
03-09-2005, 01:28 PM
I mentioned a '95 because that's the one I had originally and loved it to pieces. That was totaled by a DD hit/run and then I picked up a 94 5spd from new york through the forums here, and that's where I got burned (plus I learned that manual's fun doesn't outweigh automatic laziness for me ;] ).

So 'what I'm looking for' is an automatic SC, all the amenities (sun/moon roof, thermostat w/outside sensor, traction assist, suspension adjustment selector, etc - don't know which of those options are available across which years). Doesn't have to be in pristine outside condition, but not totally torn up either.

Driving is the biggest thing. I had to replace a head gasket on the '94 the instant it got here, and nearly the entire brake system on the '95 when I first picked that up (though I knew that was a problem when I bought it and bargained down for it). If the car just needs a checkup on a 'major tune' checklist, that's fine. If the transmission is about to give out.. not likely. I don't have that much cash around to fix it after getting the car in the first place.

Does he have pictures up - could you link me the for-sale article from the other forums?

The car is listed in the "FOR SALE" forum, and there are photos. However, it's a 5-speed, no moonroof, so you're probably not interested. But you could probably buy it today for under $1K.

Good Luck,

JD

tigerknight
03-09-2005, 01:28 PM
is there a phone number i can contact the insurance company? might as well give it a shot

PM'd you some info.

TwoToneThunder
03-09-2005, 01:39 PM
i sent you a pm back ;)

tigerknight
03-09-2005, 01:45 PM
The car is listed in the "FOR SALE" forum, and there are photos. However, it's a 5-speed, no moonroof, so you're probably not interested. But you could probably buy it today for under $1K.

Yeah I think I'll pass for the moment. Very tempting, but I can hold out for a bit longer to find something more in-line with my desires. I only have a 1mi commute to work, so the suburban doesn't kill me in gas just yet.. only when I need to go across town :]

Birdman93
03-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Yo, tib-lost your email addy, glad you posted again here!

The 95 is running really well-has a 10% pulley on the supercharger-the wheels will be polished to a mirror finish, and soon it goes to the body shop for two weeks of massage work.

Going to use the DuPont Hot Hues paint for the refinish-Hot Rod Black with Shimmer Blue xirallic additive, and the Gfx will be painted similarly to the 35th, but using Bombay Blue with a Blue Pearl additive.

I'm currently modifying a Roush side exit exhaust for a V6 mustang to fit the SC, using a set of Thrush Glasspacks in place of the box muffler-the exits will come through the 1/4 Gfx.

No other plans at this particular time-next year while I vacation in Australia will have a custom motor and tranny installed, along with a MMX driveshaft and one of the new E-Lockers from Eaton-will also have the interior redone in Leather with heated front seats.

tigerknight
03-10-2005, 01:03 PM
*envy* :]

Glad it's doing well for you. Really wish I'd kept it now and just gone through the paperwork to recertify it. Oh well, that's why I'm looking for another. Keep an eye out for me, hmm? I got burned by that other guy but after getting to meet you in person and knowing what you're doing with the car, I've got faith that you wouldn't screw me over.