PDA

View Full Version : SCT Custom Chips and Dyno Tuning

XR7 Dave
03-08-2005, 09:09 PM
SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc. (me)

Offers dyno tuning and custom chips from SCT for your SC. I specialize in SC's so I know them better than or at least as good as anyone anywhere. I can offer mail order chips and long distance tuning as well as local dyno (NE Ohio) and will travel for tuning sessions if you get a few people together for a dyno day.

Chips are $300, 4 position capability (switch and cable) $25 additional.
The chip comes with one program on it, additional programs are $25 each.

SCT Racer Packages are available for $650 and require advance ordering.

Dyno service is an additional $125 for up to 2 hrs tuning. Additional hours are $100ea, most tunes take less than 2 hrs unless you have special needs or problems.

Contact me at the email address in my sig to set up a time or order a chip.

I accept credit card payments via paypal to the same email address or email me for other options.

I take each tune seriously and I treat each SC like my own. You will not be just another number with me. I keep all tunes on file for future reference and guarantee your satisfaction or your money back. Not all tunes work out perfect on the first burn due to variations in sensors and mechanical conditions of your car. I will reburn a chip as many times as needed to get you the results you desire and commit to one day turnaround for such reburns.

Thanks for reading!

David

V6Sprout
03-08-2005, 09:49 PM
those are some great Prices Dave, I have seen dyno tunes cost $100+ more, very nice.

T@Sound-Xtreme
03-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey Dave im really interested in this. I was interested in this before but i was in Iraq so getting up to you was more than difficult.Will my tranny have anything needing to be done with the re-program? since it is outta the 03 stang and has wide gear ratio? I may be able to do this on my easter 96(96 hrs) if you think you will be able to?Driving from NC to Ohio. Ill pm you, i have a bunch of other questions for you also.

Thanks,
Tyler

Car2n
03-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Hi there Dave
Has anyone firmed up a date to do a dyno day here in Ontario, Can?
There was talk of one back in the fall but I haven't heard much since.
Near the end of May works for me. ;)

XR7 Dave
03-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Hi there Dave

Still in the discussion stage. No firm date has been set, I've been waiting for someone to make arrangements with a dyno up there and set a date.

Payton
03-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Hi there Dave
May sounds great for me! I should be 100% ready for it! :D

Ryan A Harris
03-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I do hope to get to TAG, or the shop in Milton soon for some test runs. I want to scout out both places, post and see what the guys want to go with. Dave, has anyone else talked with you on this, other than me?

XR7 Dave
03-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I do hope to get to TAG, or the shop in Milton soon for some test runs. I want to scout out both places, post and see what the guys want to go with. Dave, has anyone else talked with you on this, other than me?

I'm not currently working on anything with anyone. It would be good to find out how many people are seriously interested in doing this and then seeing if two dyno days or one will work. I think there may be enough people for 2 seperate days. Some people are ready now and some are not going to be ready for awhile. It's not that far for me so we don't need a whole ton of people to sign up. I'd say 5-6 at a time is enough to go ahead.

Dick Hughes
03-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Dave:
Can you revise\update "Dr Fred" tuner files? Assume that you would need the MAF calibrations, list of mods. In your opinion is a chip better than a tuner file?

XR7 Dave
03-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Dave:
Can you revise\update "Dr Fred" tuner files? Assume that you would need the MAF calibrations, list of mods. In your opinion is a chip better than a tuner file?

The chips are more reliable and have greater control. If I am to do calibrations for you then a chip is MUCH better. The EEC tuner is only a benefit when you want to tune the car yourself. I can help you with your current file if you need. Contact me offline at the email address in my sig for specifics.

91BLOWNSC
03-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Like I e-mailed you earlier Dave, I would still like to have mine tuned when I get it out and the rebuilt tranny back in. There is 1 other for sure here that will have his done from this area, and maybe a third. Were about 3 hours from you it says and its 179 miles. So if theres a few more along the way that want to meet up with us somewhere we can get a bigger group together. Just wanted to let you know im still interested.

And besides the tranny, I am going to replace the MAF sensor to see if it will run right. And after that I am out of ideas as to why my car is running like it is. And I was hoping if it didn't come out fine, maybe you could help me diagnose the problem or direct me on how to get it fixed.

Anyone else intereted in the chip/tune in this area? Were located in the southeastern part of michigan.

Jimmy 2Coupes
03-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Yes, I am definitely interested in a dyno tune and I'm also from S.E. Michigan.

Like I e-mailed you earlier Dave, I would still like to have mine tuned when I get it out and the rebuilt tranny back in. There is 1 other for sure here that will have his done from this area, and maybe a third. Were about 3 hours from you it says and its 179 miles. So if theres a few more along the way that want to meet up with us somewhere we can get a bigger group together. Just wanted to let you know im still interested.

And besides the tranny, I am going to replace the MAF sensor to see if it will run right. And after that I am out of ideas as to why my car is running like it is. And I was hoping if it didn't come out fine, maybe you could help me diagnose the problem or direct me on how to get it fixed.

Anyone else intereted in the chip/tune in this area? Were located in the southeastern part of michigan.

littleboylan
03-12-2005, 07:23 PM
I am also from southeast MI, not sure if 91BLOWNSC was referring to me or not in his post, but Im in for this tune for sure. I just hope I got my car done in time for this. See ya Mike

supercatxr7
03-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Dave,

If you will be doing some tuning in Michigan, let me know.

Mark

fasttbird12
03-14-2005, 07:08 PM
anyone else in ny that wants their car tunes besides me?

Slysc
03-14-2005, 10:25 PM
If the Dave Dalke power tour is making a stop in Michigan, count me in too.

SilverCasket
03-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Looks like a good amount of interest in MI Dave! .. Hopefully the NJ fellas look for you this summer too. There are some heavy hitters doing some good work on there SC's out here too.

Anthony

mattyblazer
03-15-2005, 11:26 AM
After I get done with the crome tips, curb feelers, and neon that is.

XR7 Dave
03-18-2005, 01:37 AM
We will plan on it after the NJ guys have their AR's on. :D

XR7 Dave
03-29-2005, 01:44 PM
We are pleased to announce that we will have the SCT Racer Package available for EEC IV cars for $649! Tune yourself and still have all the same support from me. If you want to have one of these systems installed and dyno tuned just get ahold of me to order it prior to a tuning session and I'll tune it for you then.

supercatxr7
03-29-2005, 08:15 PM
That's a great deal! Plus Dave's support, it is priceless.

T-bird4vr
05-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Sparky, I take it the "racer package" is what it takes to flash your own chips?

XR7 Dave
05-04-2005, 05:55 PM
The Racer Package is exactly what you saw me using. Same software, same hardware. Only difference is that it is locked to your EEC code.

T-bird4vr
05-04-2005, 10:36 PM
What if I switch eec's. Like to a manual?