good exshaust?and headers?

super89

i am looking for a good cheap set of header that work well.and a exshaust system thats is good at a good price that will bolt up good.and has everything needed like mufflers and all that.
brands?prices?

I believe there are only 3 practical options. Buy the Kooks headers (only aftermarket headers made for the SC) but they are expensive. Modify the collectors on the MAC Mustang V6 tubular headers ('95 & '99) or get your stock iron header collectors ported by TexasThunderbird.
As for exhaust you should look at the SCP site and there is everything from the simple Flowmaster Force 2 to a custom system - all depends upon the level of performance you've made to the stock motor.

Ported manifolds

Hello.
I am in the process of updating my exhaust and have done a little research and this is what I have found.
Headers are an overkill unless you are pushing 300+ HP.
You can have your stock manifolds ported for around $150 compared to $400-600 for headers.
Ported manifolds can handle up to 300 HP.
As for the remaining exhaust there always will be a debate between 2.5 - 3 - 2.5 or 2.25 - 2.5 - 2.25 systems.
It really depends on what HP goals you are trying to achieve.
If you are adding a few bolt-ons you can go with replacing the stock resonator with a Flowmaster and a cat-back system, either Dynomax or Magnaflow.
You can add 2.25 down tubes if you like as well.
Here's approx pricing;

Ported manifolds $150 ish at TexasThunderbirds (Wynn does a very nice job)
Down tubes $110-120 also at TexasThunderbirds or Supercoupe Performance (SCP)
Flowmaster resonator $100-120 TexasThunderbirds, SCP, Summit
Dynomax 2.5 - 2.25 cat back $220 SCP, Summit
Flowmaster 2.5 - 2.25 cat back $260 SCP, Summit

There are other larger systems offered at SCP if you are interested.
It always boils down to how much you want to spend and what are your end goals.
Good luck!
Bill

Back