New 89sc Owner

txsc

Hello All,

Just bought an '89 SC last weekend. Now I have to fly and drive home. It's titanium/gray, most options, automatic. Got a spare blower and most paperwork with it. Low mileage, original paint, stored winters, unmodified, unmolested. Can't wait to get it home. Bringing it into San Antonio from Chicago, but there's nothing better than a long road-trip in a fast car!

I think I'll buy another one. I want to get another low mileage car; preferably a 5-speed. Might as well have one of each, right?

EXCELLENT!! Congratulations!!!!

txsc said:
Hello All,Just bought an '89 SC last weekend. Now I have to fly and drive home. It's titanium/gray, most options, automatic. Got a spare blower and most paperwork with it. Low mileage, original paint, stored winters, unmodified, unmolested. Can't wait to get it home. Bringing it into San Antonio from Chicago, but there's nothing better than a long road-trip in a fast car!
Please keep a log, and let us know how the road trip went! It can be mighty SCARY driving that far in a tempermental vehicle. :eek: Good Luck!! :D

Just curious when are you flying up to get it? I am flying this weekend to pick up the 95 SC I bought in Ohio, should be a nice way to get to know the car. The one I am getting is low mileage so I am not to concerned about getting back to Texas.

Trip 1 Down, 1 To Go

83GT460 said:
Just curious when are you flying up to get it? I am flying this weekend to pick up the 95 SC I bought in Ohio, should be a nice way to get to know the car. The one I am getting is low mileage so I am not to concerned about getting back to Texas.

Hey, I got the car home on the 18th. What a great ride! The car is like new, and has always been cared for and kept indoors. The further I drove, the better it ran! As far as being temperemental: NO WAY! The car has 83K miles, but looks and drives like half that mileage.

I've just been detailing and fixing some small elec/mech issues since I've gotten it home. The worst is I think my Premium Sound radio is inop. Probably going to have to find a place to ship it for repair, unless I can find a good used one.

I'm flying to Detroit to pick up another one this Thursday (03/31). Another road trip! This one is a one-lady-owner, 40K mile 5-speed 89. I can't wait to get on the road! I don't know if it's possible, but this one should be nicer than my Titanium car.

I'll keep you posted...

JD

Fuel Mileage

txsc said:
Hey, I got the car home on the 18th. What a great ride! The car is like new, and has always been cared for and kept indoors. The further I drove, the better it ran! As far as being temperemental: NO WAY! The car has 83K miles, but looks and drives like half that mileage.

I've just been detailing and fixing some small elec/mech issues since I've gotten it home. The worst is I think my Premium Sound radio is inop. Probably going to have to find a place to ship it for repair, unless I can find a good used one.

I'm flying to Detroit to pick up another one this Thursday (03/31). Another road trip! This one is a one-lady-owner, 40K mile 5-speed 89. I can't wait to get on the road! I don't know if it's possible, but this one should be nicer than my Titanium car.

I'll keep you posted...

JD

By the way, I pulled down a consistent 22.5 MPG on the trip home. Ran 70-80 (with traffic), and only vwwoooped it a few times. I think that is pretty good mileage, but I'd be interested in what others are getting. I'm sure I could do better running a consistent 65 MPH with a light pedal, but that's not "real world".

Thanks,

JD

On my trip home from Columbus, Ohio with my car I averaged almost 25 mpg running 80 plus most of the way home. Mine had 64,500 when I got it on the 14th of March and now two weeks later it has just turned 67,000. The only issue I have had is one of the tensioner pulleys and blower belt needing to be replaced.

txsc said:
By the way, I pulled down a consistent 22.5 MPG on the trip home. Ran 70-80 (with traffic), and only vwwoooped it a few times. I think that is pretty good mileage, but I'd be interested in what others are getting. I'm sure I could do better running a consistent 65 MPH with a light pedal, but that's not "real world".

Thanks,

JD

txsc said:
The worst is I think my Premium Sound radio is inop. Probably going to have to find a place to ship it for repair, unless I can find a good used one.
There is a guy who fixes and resells them here if you want to stay with the original unit. :cool:

2nd. Car Home !!

TbirdSCFan said:
There is a guy who fixes and resells them here if you want to stay with the original unit. :cool:

Got my second SC home last weekend; '89 5-speed w/40K original miles. New condition. Drove it 1,750 miles home to San Antonio from Michigan.

After I worked out the bad fuel and had the "square" tires replaced in Flint, it ran and drove AWESOME! Couldn't be happier. This one pulled down a solid 25 mpg, with one run of 27.5. Everything must be pretty tight.

I actually had a guy in a Taurus SHO pull along side me on the interstate in Michigan and ask if it was for sale! Since I'd only owned it for about 2 1/2 hours, I declined! Attached are a couple of shots from my ride home.

I've spoken with Paul the "radio guy" and figure I'll send him both of mine to go thru. Everything I've read has been positive.

Regards,

Jerry Davis

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 88
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 86
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 85
  • MVC-012F.JPG
    MVC-012F.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 87
  • MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 92
titanium89scguy said:
where did u pick it up from in michigan?

I obtained the car in a little town called Peck. It's located west of Port Huron and south of Sandusky in the middle of nowhere. Pretty country; just FAR from the interstate. Looks a lot like the farm countryside in Illinois where I grew up. Super nice people, and the car was better than described.

JD

Back