PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest

joshbea6
03-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm trying to gauge the interest in these pieces:

94-95 SC Center lower console piece (interior color)
94-95 SC Shifter cover (with handbrake slot) for Auto and Manual

The pieces that I will be making are the center console assembly for the 1994- 1995 SC.

I have been looking for a good manual center console for my SC project and I have an auto shift lever piece for an SC, I also have not been able to find the interior colored piece that sits on the floor. So I figured I would do some custom fabricating.

I will be making molds of the pieces in question and attempting to do either a fiberglass piece, or other plastic.

What I want to know is how much interest is there in this endeavor?

NASTY V6
03-09-2005, 02:51 PM
I would think that the demand would be fairly high. I'm lucky to have a 1994 5-speed console that is in great condition. I have been looking for a 1994 or 1995 auto console but cannot find one.

Scott

I'm trying to gauge the interest to custom make a couple of interior pieces.

The pieces that I will be making are the center console assembly for the 1994- 1995 SC.

I have been looking for a good manual center console for my SC project and I have an auto shift lever piece for an SC, I also have not been able to find the interior colored piece that sits on the floor. So I figured I would do some custom fabricating.

I will be making molds of the pieces in question and attempting to do either a fiberglass piece, or other plastic.

What I want to know is how much interest is there in this endeavor?

joshbea6
03-09-2005, 02:53 PM
I am going to have to "borrow" an SC 5 speed gear shift cover, and also a center console base so that I can get a mold made.

I would hope that it would be an investment that people would want.

quick35th
03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
That sounds like a cool idea Josh. To bad theres no interior in my 35th. Keep up the good work! Do you think you would be able to do some metal fab for me? I may need an adapter plate made to mount my M5R2 tranny to a 4.6L engine. Let me know.

Shane

joshbea6
03-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Metal fab stuff is out of my league. I don't have the tools for it. My suggestion is to call Performance Research off State Route 3 in Columbus.

quick35th
03-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks Josh for the help!

Shane

joshbea6
03-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Help me out here guys,

TTT

cato
03-12-2005, 04:16 AM
I also think that demand would be high, I see at least once a month someone wanting a 94-95 5-speed console. they're super rare, and as you know obsolete. your big problem is going to be finding someone to loan you theirs, just because their sooo hard to find, so if you ditch out and keep theirs they're stuck with a big nasty hole in the console. where are you located at?? I might be willing to help if you're somewhat nearby, I could sure use a new one, mine is in less than perfect shape, however getting the texture and whatnot to match the rest of the gauge cluster will be a problem also.

joshbea6
03-12-2005, 09:27 AM
I've got a local buddy that has the 5 speed console top (piece around the shifter). I have the auto console top, and thanks to Rich @ MN12Performance, I now have the console bottom.

I'll hopefully be able to get a mold made from my pieces (auto) here very soon. I'm going to convert the auto one into a 5 spd one since I'm going to use the short throw B&M shifter. This I will also offer as a possibility.

As for getting the texture to match, I'm going to do that with the paint coat. The base of the console top and the console bottom will be Fiberglass. I will use an epoxy based primer to give it texture (using a paint roller, or a paint spray gun at a distance) to come close to the original, and then I will do a color coat of whatever color the end user wants.

If those parts come out looking halfway decent, I may consider doing more interior panels as the need arises as I still have the entire interior out of my bird, and it will be out of it for a good long time.