level of S/c fluid?

ben04

whats the 1correct level? i pulled the plug and put a stick in there to the bottom and it was a small amount at the end of the stick (pinky coudlnnt fit past the threads). oh ya is the fluid clear? cuiz thats what was on teh end of the stick

The proper amount of fluid should be at the bottom of the threads of the plug. Sounds like yours is very low. The fluid is clear but will darken with time as it gets dirty. Fill it through the same hex-head plug.

TbirdSCFan said:
The proper amount of fluid should be at the bottom of the threads of the plug. Sounds like yours is very low. The fluid is clear but will darken with time as it gets dirty. Fill it through the same hex-head plug.

yea i was hella low. went to GM and got the sc fluid for $4.50CDN/bottle. man it sucked up about 80% of the first bottle i bought before it hit the bottom of the threads. i musta been really low :mad:

Michael Mattix said:
Mine loses fluid over time also and I don't think it's leaking externally. Where else could the oil be going?
Run your finger on the backside of the SC pulley.. if its oily, then the snout seal should be replaced.. thats where its leaking. If its dry, then the fluid is being pulled past the inner seals.

TbirdSCFan said:
Run your finger on the backside of the SC pulley.. if its oily, then the snout seal should be replaced.. thats where its leaking. If its dry, then the fluid is being pulled past the inner seals.

true. mine was soaked in black oil. so yah im glad its jsut the seal and not something else internal :S

Back