Look what I got!!!!! :D

Shooter_Jay

notice the tired old bird in the background, put over 115k miles on her myself, always loved that bird. Some day I hope to build a spare engine for the Z and accidently drop it and the 6-speed in another(better shape) 93-97 tbird chassis. Maybe not, but maybe, that would be awesome. I do like the SC ride, comfort, and handling more. On the other hand, over 300 horse stock plus it came with an aftermarket mandrel bent stainless exhaust, an H on the shift knob, big shiny aftermarket looking vented rotors so who knows whatever else the guy did to it, this thing screams it's awesome. And it's not like a mustang, you don't see these everywhere. Oh and the sound rocks... :eek: :cool: :D :rolleyes: :eek: :D :cool:

Attachments

• PDRM0157C-50q.jpg
    PDRM0157C-50q.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 164
  • PDRM0168C-50q.jpg
    PDRM0168C-50q.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 160
  • PDRM0152C55p.jpg
    PDRM0152C55p.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 120
As assclown has mentioned in the past, on a seperate thread, it's illegal to drive around with black tape over your license plates. It is a beautiful car. I like the way the pontiac looks better though, with the nostrils on the WS6, but that camaro is still beautiful.

You don't see as many camaro's as mustangs anymore. Used to see tons of them. How many SC's do you see daily?

I like F-Body's but I just still think the SC looks better. But if we are talking about F-Body's, thats a nice one. I would get the SS/ZR-1 wheels, or 18" C5 5-spoke wheels. I never did like the stock 4th gen Z28 wheels.

I'm gonna stick with the black tape on the lisence plates, I figure black absorbs the heat from the sunlight and will work similar to ion drive to boost my acceleration (and from the front plate braking) ;-)

I don't see very many SC's out there at all, very rarely actually, but do see regular tbirds, kind of like I see camaro's around, but rarely the z28 convertibles, of course tough time of year to see them. The t-top models are more common.

As for t-tops versus convertible, sure the vert is not quite as rigid as the t-top version, but I'm NOT an scca racer, or really a drag racer for that matter(though I'll probably drag it to get #'s), so for me it's mostly about style, which I prefer the convertible much more than the t-top, and it's much more rare. I like the much more open look and feel of the convertible than the t-tops alot too.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments on it's looks, I can't help but agree :)

One more thing, sometimes people talk about rare combinations too far, but I think it counts in this case, its the last year of production, convertible with 6 speed (shop around, almost all the verts are automatics) and in black on black which is also exactly what I wanted. In my mind a very rare and perfect combination. That's just my taste I guess though.

Last edited:
I didn't pull up the pics but it's got the SS hood on it. That car is HOTT by the way. You should put on some 35th Anniversary strips. They look sweet on black, red or blue Camaro SS's. I had a 2000 Camaro RS and it had stripes and i LOVED the car but i'm not gonna be able to afford it when school starts so i sold it. I'll leave a link so you can check it out. Enjoy the LS1. They can be made to be MUCH faster then stock. :D
www.cardomain.com/id/camaro_guy00

That RS looks real good, is it lowered? I like the cobra's on there and the stripes. I've been considering stripes but They'd probably be subtle (real dark) like maybe ghost flame stripes anniversary style shape if you know what I mean.

As far as Trans Am vs. Camaro, in my opinion both are great cars, the Pontiac being a bit more let's say flamboyant which I'd prefer something more to the sleeper side of the TA. Don't get me wrong, TA looks more aggressive than the Camaro, but that's why I wanted the Camaro. I was even considering while waiting to pick up the car from the seller, finding someone with a black non SS hood to trade just to be more sleeper but now that I own it, I definitely love the SS hood over flat hands down. Even with the wheels, which by the way, the 2002 16" wheels are my favorite of the F-body non SS wheels, and they're chrome so they still look super I think. Plus these cars are known for having more than the stock clutch and rear end can handle so I live with having fun steering it fork-truck style and save my drive-train until I can upgrade it, then go bigger wheels and tires. Besides big tires are expensive especially when you have 325hp and foot-long feet. Top it all off with a liberal dose of I really like convertibles plus this is also cancels the need for a street bike too. Oh and black looks the best without, and maybe with subtle graphics in the future. Well in my opinion anyway. So yeah basically this car is exactly what I wanted, and came with a bonus 12 disc changer. I’m so happy about it I could flip!

quick35th said:
Looks nice but I would have gotten one with T-tops or a coupe instead of the vert.

Shane

yeah im with this guy... id be honest with you but you would get mad.... but anywho... have fun with it... they sure are nice... but dont have the space like my tbird does.... i remember my friends z28 boy was that the first and the last time i got in it... i had a sore neck from being in it....

darkstar_one said:
yeah im with this guy... id be honest with you but you would get mad.... but anywho... have fun with it... they sure are nice... but dont have the space like my tbird does.... i remember my friends z28 boy was that the first and the last time i got in it... i had a sore neck from being in it....

HAHAHAHAHAHAH....AAHHHHHHAHAHAHAH, you'd be honest but...what you lied? You couldn't make me mad if you tried. I own a 2002 M6 VERT LS1 AND a 94 loaded SC so good luck hurting my feelings.

Anyway, not sure how tall you are but I'm six feet and no stiff neck yet, actually it's my SC with the power moonroof that I have to lean the seat way back to not mess up my hair, but the camaro actually has more head height in the front seat than my SC. Your sore neck was probably from holding your head from snapping back which your pencil-neck muscles are not used to from your SC :eek:

sorry couldln't help to return the flame volley.

some people are jealous I've noticed, oh well, I'll still enjoy this summer ALOT!!! Sorry if you think my convertible is ugly, maybe you'd do better to look the other way if you see one. I and everybody that's commented on it in person says it's beautiful, gorgeous, stylin' and/or other compliments I haven't listed here and I agree.

dont get mad dude didnt feel anything... i just wished the camaro's had a lil more inside them.... i swear my SC has the most room ive ever seen in a COUPE. next to my G-BODY GRAND PRIX. I like the Z28's and everything, im a GM kind of guy didnt mean for you to get offended or anything. But i just think convertibles are ghay. Especially when a guy drives them. But hell as long as your happy and you still have your 94 SC. Have fun with that Chevy. Wish i had a LS1, oh wait i do, its gonna be popped into my GRAND PRIX. Muhahahhahaha.... yeah but anywho... that will have to wait... Too tired to do anything about it.... My Grand Prix is T Top, I enjoy that more than a Convertible, i was in my girlfriends Mustang Convertible, she was taking me to the movies and that thing felt ghay. I swear. But anywho, what ever tickles your Fancy, have FUN. As long as it isnt a BADGED up Z28 like so many losers have around here... they but the badges on the wrong spots... lol....

We have have one of those to but just a tad older. Its a 93 m6 and it light as hell, no options. Soon to be a lt4. Rides like a truck but still fun to drive.

Attachments

• DVC00003.JPG
    DVC00003.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 70
Shooter_jay: Yes the car was lowered. I put a 1.5" Eibach drop in it. The rims are Eagle 077 Rims not Cobra's but they are similar in shape. I have a NICE set of '99 Corvette rims i could sell you. I'll attach the link for my cardomain if you want to check them out. I want like $400 for them. Plus i figure out howmuch shipping would be. 18's in back 17's in front. Thanks for the comments on my RS. I loved the car but need to focus on school now. I will own a Vette when i'm out of school :D I honestly think putting a nice set of stripes on yours would make it sweet. A good set of silver would be nice ;) My dad had a '01 Z28 with silver racing stripes. His was black and he ordered the stripes from RKSport like i did. He copied ME.lol. Anyway. Get some clear corners and stuff. Make it look HOTT. Those cars have potential to be BADASS lookin' machines. Go to page 3 of the link below :cool:

Link to rims: www.cardomain.com/id/scfan84

Your hair must stick up 5 inches because im around the 6 foot mark and have no problem with my 94 SC....You do know thw seat goes up and down no?

Some people may get jealous..Others not give a ratts but and some just give thier opinion.

Me..I'd never buy one..But for the amount of money you spend on one used..If you want a peppy car its a steal

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Your hair must stick up 5 inches because im around the 6 foot mark and have no problem with my 94 SC....You do know thw seat goes up and down no?

Some people may get jealous..Others not give a ratts but and some just give thier opinion.

Me..I'd never buy one..But for the amount of money you spend on one used..If you want a peppy car its a steal

I have to agree on that, I'm 6'4" and never have problem with headroom in my 95 with sunroof, however I think that bang for the buck, those rank high up, and I love 'verts, the only car I think I'd prefer the t-top to the vert is a fox body stang. good luck with it, and congrats on the find, a ragtop 5-speed is always hard to come by

I wasn't trying to bash the head height on the SC, but I do remember from day one leaning the seat pretty far back because my hair would static cling to the ceiling. I do have pretty bushy hair naturally, and with the moonroof the head height is reduced. Yes the Seat is all the way down. Not sayhing the seat was uncomfortably leaned back, just that I did have to lean it back some. Can't sit straight up in it like a truck thats for sure. I'm curious if you guys have the moonroof. Anyway I only mentioned it because that genious was pretenting like it wasn't worth it to sit in an fbody because of head height when I believe the fbody has a little more head height than the bird maybe.

Thanks for the compliments on my car.

Actually I think I'll be selling the SC this year but hope to pick one up in better shape within a few years and put some motor in it. I'll have to see what I want to do and can afford. My bird has 150k+ on it and needs quite a bit of TLC and I just bought an old house last year. The fbod is in great shape out of the box so I can spend time working on my house and driving my car, not working on my car and ignoring my house and fun.

Back