Help me fix my vibration!!

bluebird

Help. I have a 90 with 132k on the clock. She doesnt have any mods yet but I have done the plugs and wires recently and added new SC oil. Even before I did the wires I had a vibe or better yet a small rumble that starts at 2000 rpms and stays the same throughout the powerband. I expected it to go away after I did the plugs but it didnt. My power seems to be ok but I cant seem to find the source of this vibe. :confused: Someone please help.

i would guess it's the motor mounts. i will be changing mine when i start school because we have the shop. It's that or some other kinda bushings allowing engine movement to travel into the car. I got my tranny flushed and filter changed and the thing runs better now the ever before. no rough idle or vibrations.

I had my trans flushed and filtered too when I got my plugs and wires done and youre right it was a huge difference. I dont know if the motor mounts are the issue. My vibe isnt abrupt or violent. It feels like the car is missing or something like that. I had an Acura Legend that had a similar vibe when it needed wires. This is really confusing me

Like was mentioned before, check the engine mounts. If they have never been replaced and even if they don't look bad, change them. Next, check to make sure all your hardware is there for your accessories. I had an alternator bolt missing just yesterday. After I replaced it, "most" of the vibration went away, but not all. I am shooting for either water pump going bad, or super charger. I hope it's the water pump. My vibration is RPM dependant. So, I think it rules out the drive train/transmission. We'll see.

Michael Mattix said:
Like was mentioned before, check the engine mounts. If they have never been replaced and even if they don't look bad, change them. Next, check to make sure all your hardware is there for your accessories. I had an alternator bolt missing just yesterday. After I replaced it, "most" of the vibration went away, but not all. I am shooting for either water pump going bad, or super charger. I hope it's the water pump. My vibration is RPM dependant. So, I think it rules out the drive train/transmission. We'll see.

Are there any electrical gremlins that could be there? Ignition or timing? Its weird cuz it doesnt get any worse as rpms rise, it just starts at 2000-2500 and stays constant. Thanks for you guys help

Back