whats up with boost guage

robs 91 sc

my boost guage is just below 0 on the vac side with car off. when car is on the boost drops to 20.

how do i get the boost to stay at an even zero?

this is screwing up my boost reading because now it wont go past 6 psi and i used to be able to bury the needle...

any suggestions??

Thanks Rob

When mine has engine off, the boost reads 0. At idle i get 20 on the vac side 2+/-. My max boost at WOT is about 11. I understand this to be normal.

Have you done any exhaust mods or any at all just before this began to happen?

What do you mean stay at an even "zero"? You mean when the car is running? Or you mean when the car is off? If you mean when the car is off, then it just means the boost guage has some wear in it. They will all do this. Not sure if you can adjust it, if not you'll have to replace it for it to sit right a zero again.

Rob,

All SCs do this, mine included.

Some people pull the cluster and actually move the needle to dead zero, but I could care less. 20 in vac is also normal for stock.

thanks again bill, from now on i'll only ask you about these things... if thats ok with you i mean ...jk

Thanks Rob

No Problem, my pleasure.

You can try posting on the Ontario board first, it won't get pushed down as fast, and I don't really read the tech very often.

If we don't know, then you can revert here. Your call.

Back