What should I run?

ThunderMoon

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what times I should be able to get in the 1/4 mile. The mods are listed in my signature.

Thanks,
Damien

You should be in mid 13's with pair of drag radials or slicks.I run 13.8 with mods in my member page.
BTW don't go to the strip without drag r.I've done that..my mistake.5-speed sc with 3.27's gears and that much mods is useless on street tires.

Burbank95sc said:
You should be in mid 13's with pair of drag radials or slicks.I run 13.8 with mods in my member page.
BTW don't go to the strip without drag r.I've done that..my mistake.5-speed sc with 3.27's gears and that much mods is useless on street tires.

Yeah I've noticed that. If I try to accelerate hard from a stop light my tires spin like crazy. It's like I'm hittin the red and I haven't even cleared the intersection yet. It's kind of a PITA. However, I checked the pressure in my rear bags and they were low. Since then it is a lot better (i.e. very little wheel hop).

Damien

ThunderMoon said:
Yeah I've noticed that. If I try to accelerate hard from a stop light my tires spin like crazy. It's like I'm hittin the red and I haven't even cleared the intersection yet. It's kind of a PITA. However, I checked the pressure in my rear bags and they were low. Since then it is a lot better (i.e. very little wheel hop).

Damien

Did the rear air bags really help to lower the wheel hop.I was thinking to get them.Btw what psi are you running in them to get the best launch.Even on 255 drag radials I'm still getting wheel hop

Derek

Burbank95sc said:
Did the rear air bags really help to lower the wheel hop.I was thinking to get them.Btw what psi are you running in them to get the best launch.Even on 255 drag radials I'm still getting wheel hop

Derek

Yes the rear air bags really do help to reduce wheel hop. I've got about 24 psi in them right now and the wheel hop is just about gone. I haven't had any chance to experiment with them yet but I'm sure I will once the weather gets nicer.

Damien

Back