a day in hell....:(

Kyler

Came home tonight to find out my friends crashed my Cougar, apparently my friends were practising standard when one of them shifted into 3rd, too much gas and boom, curb and two little trees. Smashed the rear driver side quarter panel below window about a foot in, shattered the glass, stretched the wheel well, smashed my front right headlamp and bumper. :( I just got my Intake bolted on a couple days ago, and earlier today, this morning actually I got my Dynomax Super Turob mufflers put on with chrome tips and my cat taken out replaced with a Y pipe. The car is a 1990 XR7, absolultey "was" mint shape with fairly low km's, Bright Red, 5 spd, sunroof, fully loaded. The good news is they're paying for it, which means I should be getting a new paint job, wheel alignment, non yellow colored headlamp, and a new window.

It's too soon to tell, but today has definatley been a sad one.

I'll upload some pics tommorow hopefully, everyone is saying about 3k worth of body work.

Trust me on this.....

Get something in writing saying that they are fixing the car.

You find very fast that people back out of things that they "SAY" that they'll due.

I would write up a letter stating that they agree to pay for all necessary repairs to return the car to the way it was.

Then have them sign it and have a witness sign it.

This happened to me years ago and I got SCREWED when the other guy said "well, it's not worth fixing".

Remember, COVER YOUR A$$...

Don

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing......NO ONE but ME drives MY car. Granted it is hard to drive a car that is on Jack Stands, but that's beside the point. When it is done, I'm not sure if I will even let the wife drive the car.

Damn that sucks dude. Hope nothing legal comes of this. I know what you are going through. I just went through a simmilar situation in January that didn't look like it was going to end pretty but it did. Best of luck!

Shane

Back