SC powered by 03 cobra motor?

TwoToneThunder

im considering dropping one of these bad boys in cuz i get a discount :p now im wondering what transmission and rear end i need to search for and what mods do i have to make to get it to fit in the compartment
has anyone put one in a mn12?

seen many dual overhead cam engine swaps..As far as tranny..If its an auto shouldnt eb a problem..A stick though....Someone musta did one

Jim,

It will be ok. I'll just figure out all the bugs when I put mine in the 35th first and help you with yours. Yeah the getting a manual tranny to work thing is going to suck but I refuse to have an automatic :)

Shane

titanium89scguy said:
i was hoping someone had i specific trans i have to look for anyone?

I am prolly just going to use the T56 out of a cobra and mod the tranny kmember. I will prolly just have the shifter handle up farther forward. Its ok, there are no heater controls there to get in the way. But if I can get the M5R2 to work than I will do that instead.

Shane

A Performance Automatics C4 will do the trick. You won't have overdrive, but if you stall it right you can lower the gear ratio and try to save some gas mileage. Unless your building a 1/4 mile only car. In which case you should top it off w/ a solid axle in the rear and a 2.4L KB twin screw blower and a 150 shot of nitrous.

There is a cobra here in Virginia Beach running in the 9's with a 2.4L twin screw and a 50 shot on a C4 and a solid 8.8 rear.

im looking into dropping the motor in and still driving it here and there to show people up and stuff like that...problem is yes i get the discount through ford but locating one is a bitch
my other options are of course going v8 looking for 97 98 cobra motors but it wouldnt be as fast but a cheaper project

Just use a 4.6L style 4R70W transmission. That's what I have behind my 4.6L DOHC in my 90 XR7. You'll be using a different EEC anyway to run the DOHC engine, so you might as well go with a computer controlled transmission. I'd recommend rewiring the car as a 94-97 4.6L MN12, then just make the necessary changes to adapt the wiring to the engine. Trust me, the DOHC swap is a lot of work on a 89-93 MN12, but it is possible.

-Rod

Last edited:
whats the cobras stock 6 speed trans?
does anyone think headers will fit...im looking into the project for next year(saving up now)
2003 cobra motor 4.6 4v s/c 390hp 390 lb's tq
with 6 speed trans
373 rear end
with help from fellow workers at the dealership who said theyd help me do this
so if i get the parts its a go :D i need to work on a driveshaft to any suggestions?

Back