Sealed power vs stock ford pistons?

95sc666

In everyones opinion, which piston is stronger, the stock 95 cast piston or the sealed power H675P hypereutectic piston. when comparing the 2 pistons, the stock one looks thicker in the walls & has more material around the pin area than the sp piston. But the sp piston is a hypereutectic alloy making it stronger dispite the less material??? Has anyone used and or blown these up & at what horsepower you have. Thanks!

The factory Ford pistons are Hyper as well. More than likely the improved process for making those pistons is the reason for difference in the amounts of material in certain spots. Co's are always working on improving the product and implament those improvements as soon as they work out. 10 years later I would think they have made some changes in design and process.

The stock pistons are hypereutectic as well. I haven't seen the specs for them, but the Sealed Power units have a higher silicone content compared stock pistons made in the 90's. The technology of casting high silicone content hypereutectic pistons has gotten better.

With a higher level of silicone content, the same piston can maintain it's strength yet need less mass, thus be stronger.

I'm not certain if either piston is better, but for stock replacement, the Sealed Power units are what's available and if you have any faith in their products, the should be good for under 400rwhp if you stay off the nitros.

If you're planning on going above that, or adding nitros at some point I'd highly recommend looking into forged replacement pistons.

Who makes a forged piston for our motors? Even if the block needed to be bored .030 over. If I end up ever tearing down one of my 3 SC motors its going to get new bearings, have the crank polished, and then get bored .030 over, 351 rods and then some forged pistons. Then it will fed a lot of boost and a lot of nitrous.

Back