Slave Cylinder Replacement

gregucf

I had my Clutch Assembly replaced and my Slave Cylinder replaced about a year and half ago. My Slave Cylinder went out on me and AAMCO wants $900 to fix it?!?! Does this sound resonable, is there a better option for me! Can I get an after market one that is better?

Please help!!

Greg

Was this a Ford OEM cylinder that failed? Sounds strange, especially failing again 1 year later.

Who replaced the first one? Any chance for warranty?

wow thats assanining (sp)!!!!! i just did my clutch about 3 weeks ago and i got the slave cyl from advance auto. parts. it has the exact same markings as the stock and it was 80 compared to the dealer price of 130. i did it myself with help from a friend. it wasnt all that difficult except pulling the exuast and putting the trans back in took a few extra hands. other than that i thought it went pretty smooth for having it on jack stands.

chris

It was a Ford Part, my warranty was for 1 year, so I am screwed!

Any suggestions? If I pay for them to replace it again should I upgrade to a better clutch why they have it down?

Greg

There is NFW I would pay $900 to have that job done. How hard is it really? Do some shopping around before you invest that kind of coin.

Back