Jackshaft removal

91_SC_BIRD

I'm doing my motor mounts and I need to get to the bolt behind the jackshaft. How do you remove the jackshaft? I removed the 4 bolts, I'm just wondering if I have to use a pulley puller to take it off?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

The jackshaft pulley fits tight to the idler shaft. Usually after the four bolts are removed it pulls of with the hands, however if there is any rust on the shaft the pulley is going to be difficult to remove. I just kept playing with mine by pulling one side out then the other. Kind of like "walking" it off the shaft. I don't know about using the pulley puller, it may warp your pullies.

bigg_boyys_SC said:
The jackshaft pulley fits tight to the idler shaft. Usually after the four bolts are removed it pulls of with the hands, however if there is any rust on the shaft the pulley is going to be difficult to remove. I just kept playing with mine by pulling one side out then the other. Kind of like "walking" it off the shaft. I don't know about using the pulley puller, it may warp your pullies.

So both the small and the big pulley would come out together?

Back