Caliper Anchor Plate

Dahoopd

Hello,

Does anyone know if the caliper anchor plates are still available through Ford or any where else. The local parts shops cant get them. Both plates on the rear of my 93 are seized up. I have to replace both calipers and rotors. The new ones wont go on because the pins on the anchor plate are seized. The Einstien owner before me just grinded part of the piston on them off to replace the pads prior. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Why is it everytime you have to do a small job on these cars they just have to pi$$ you off and become a major task.

The 93 - 97 rear brake components are different than 89 - 92.

I'll check the part numbers tomorrow when I'm back at the dealership. From what I recall, they are still available from Ford for a reasonable price.

cheers
Ed N.

Parts catalogue is incorrect ... it lists the same anchor for 89 - 93 on the rear. If I go to the Mark VIII listing for 93, it shows F3SZ 2B511 A, which is a 93 T-Bird number. :rolleyes:

Anyway, no stock showing in the U.S. or Canadian depots, looks like it's being discontinued.

cheers
Ed N.

I found them

The local dealer had them. They were $34 for the anchor plate and $12 for the pins. So a little over $90 for both sides. Just another drop in the bucket for my fine, priceless automobile. Thanks for the help and the look-up on the parts.

Back