SC options

Wolfs_Rain

I can't for the life of me find the differences between a Magnaport I, Magnaport II or S-type porting options for our M-90. On the SCP website all they tell you is what to expect for HP gains but they won't tell you exatly what they do to the supercharger for each option. Which one is supposed to be best, Is one just port the intake side and one just port the exit side or what????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i wouldnt even spend money on having the SC ported... really no point to it... all those hundreds of dollars can go for better things... a chip... new IC with better routing of pipes... bigger throttle body... and so forth...

An S-port and MP I are port jobs done on late style 94-95 blowers. Both of them are ported on the inlet and outlet sides. An S-port is done by Magnusen and a MP is done by Magnum powers. I think the Magnaport is a little more aggressive than the S-port.
The Magnaport II is done by Magnum Powers on the early style blowers and involves cutting off the back of the blower case and replacing it with a new section that will use a late style of inlet plenum. This is considered the top of the line as far as current gains on an M-90 blower.

i wouldnt even spend money on having the SC ported... really no point to it... all those hundreds of dollars can go for better things... a chip... new IC with better routing of pipes... bigger throttle body... and so forth...
I would spend money on a ported blower any day before a bigger throttle body.
As far as there being no point to porting the SC..You don't really see anyone making huge power with an unported M-90 blower do you?

do see how much that damn porting job cost. ****! Not looking for a track car only car. im looking for a nice daily driver.

darkstar_one said:
do see how much that damn porting job cost. ****! Not looking for a track car only car. im looking for a nice daily driver.

I was trying to get a feel for what the different porting options are to see how they would compare to what tbird88 does. I know what he does to them and he only charges 300 bucks.

I have the Magnuson "S-port" blower on my 95. I am pleased with it as well. It gives the car a distinct whine that people love, lol :p However, I'm sure the MP Blower does too. Here is a pic of what the inlet looks like after the "s-porting". (Red Circles)

P.S. Please excuse the dirty looking blower, that pic was taken about 3 minutes after being removed from the car. lol

432375_56_full.jpg

Back