Beat 2nd Gen SHO

Treys92

One of my friends has been begging to race me since he got his SHO about 4 months ago. I've been holding off due to the weather; so all the while he's thinking i'm scared and he thinks he'll beat me. The kid was claiming a 14 flat 1/4 and i was calling BS on it. So, finally i'm home for spring break, nice cool day (to my stock ICs liking), he blows by me and a couple other cars doing about 80 in a 45, not a smart thing to do. So i see him pulled over a couple blocks up, so i stop to shoot the s**t with him. YADDA YADDA, he asks to race, I say sure and we head out to the local strip (marked on a back road). We line them up, and suprisingly he took me off the line (I blame it on the salt that was on the roads) by the end of 1st we're dead even, car shifts to 2nd, thanks to the j-mod breaks them loose (even more than usual thanks to the salt) and once i get traction again, i pull on him hard. By 90 i have him by about 2.5-3 cars. He tells me good race and he loves the loud *** whine from the blower :D . We're on our marry ways, and i can't stop smiling.

Treys92 said:
One of my friends has been begging to race me since he got his SHO about 4 months ago. I've been holding off due to the weather; so all the while he's thinking i'm scared and he thinks he'll beat me. The kid was claiming a 14 flat 1/4 and i was calling BS on it. So, finally i'm home for spring break, nice cool day (to my stock ICs liking), he blows by me and a couple other cars doing about 80 in a 45, not a smart thing to do. So i see him pulled over a couple blocks up, so i stop to shoot the s**t with him. YADDA YADDA, he asks to race, I say sure and we head out to the local strip (marked on a back road). We line them up, and suprisingly he took me off the line (I blame it on the salt that was on the roads) by the end of 1st we're dead even, car shifts to 2nd, thanks to the j-mod breaks them loose (even more than usual thanks to the salt) and once i get traction again, i pull on him hard. By 90 i have him by about 2.5-3 cars. He tells me good race and he loves the loud *** whine from the blower :D . We're on our marry ways, and i can't stop smiling.
that's awsome! nice kill

Good Kill! I did the same thing to my dad's 94 sho. From a 55mph roll I pulled a couple of car lengths on him in a hurry. His is an automatic though. One word of advice for you, never tell any of this to the people over at the shoforum or you will be banned! lol

Well, i'll keep this amongst the Thunderbird community. I know they're not too fond of us telling kill stories. For some odd reason they think their cars are the fastest things out there...i know damn well my SC will be put in its place by a very large percentage of cars. But, i still love it.

Back