Drag Slicks

68COUGAR

Does anybody here run Real Drag Slicks at the strip? If so which ones & size? How many passes can be expected out of them? I'm NOT interested in any drag radials, only Real Drag Slicks. I'm thinking 10.5 - 12 inches.

68COUGAR

tires

68COUGAR said:
Does anybody here run Real Drag Slicks at the strip? If so which ones & size? How many passes can be expected out of them? I'm NOT interested in any drag radials, only Real Drag Slicks. I'm thinking 10.5 - 12 inches.

68COUGAR
10x26x15 M/T Drag Slicks
Depending on a lot of things you should get atleast a full season out of them depending on your burn out time, Tire pressure.

MT ET Drags 26 X 10.5 x 15 mounted on 15" LX wheels. I bought them used from Tony Serno and have raced on them about two dozen times. I'm sure they will last another two years at this rate.

David

David Neibert said:
MT ET Drags 26 X 10.5 x 15 mounted on 15" LX wheels. I bought them used from Tony Serno and have raced on them about two dozen times. I'm sure they will last another two years at this rate.

David
Is this the 6" wheel?

CMac89 said:
Is this the 6" wheel?

They are 6.5" wide. Here's a picture from the Shootout.

shootout200449.jpg

David

Dave, what happened to your 26x10.50x16 ET Streets on your 16" SC wheels? I've been looking for a set of 16" 10.5 ET Streets for a while. Do you still have them and if so would you be interested in parting with them? I don't need the wheels just the tires.

David Neibert said:
They are 6.5" wide. Here's a picture from the Shootout.

shootout200449.jpg

David
That 10.5" tire must have been a tight fit. Have you ever tried a 9" tire. From what i've seen, people get better times with the 9" over the 10.5 because of weight and rollout. Where's the wheelstand?!! :D j/k

Last edited:
Scott,

I sold the ET Streets to Micah last year.

CMac,

Yeah the rims are too narrow to get much sidewall movement, but with about 18 pounds of air pressure, they hook alot better than the ET streets did.

David

Just so anyone knows, the size on the sidewall is NOT the width of the tread. My 11.50 ET Streets had 9" of tread width. My Hoosier 9.0 Drags have 8.8" of tread width. Getting a wider tire than your rims match well is a waste of time. If you run real slicks, you will be looking at 15" for the most part, and then if you use a standard LX wheel, even a 9.0 is too wide.

Gary ran the 10.50 ET Streets on his car and hooked better than I did with the 11.50's because of better fitment. (the 10.50's have only 8" of tread).

I have Gary's old et/streets on sc rims and they hook up awesome. The car feels like it fully rotates on the back wheels when you launch.

I attached a pic of my launches- 1.87 60'

Attachments

• 4-16-04bsdfri%20145.jpg
    4-16-04bsdfri%20145.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 4-16-04bsdfri%20205.jpg
    4-16-04bsdfri%20205.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 91
Back