intake questions

scfix92

ok I am very confused with the intakes which one is the best cause thes are the ones I have found www.demolet.com
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7961832943&category=38634
those are the same then I found this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7961363130&category=38634&sspagename=WDVW

well these 2 have very sharp radius bends before the Maf the green one looks easier than the other but I am still confused I have heard alot of good things from people who actually bought the tunable induction one and did have a previos intake scp

also I have heard bad things about the mac intake and the scp intake it seem to me to be restrictive just like a normal airbox and then the magnum powers version seems to be the best one to me but it has that thin little metal bracket divider and I dont see alot of cool air going in I think the tunable intake is a better design cause it sits in your fender well and gets true cold air but I am working on getting tru ram air in my sc so I really need one in the compartment.

I would love it if some one would give me there ideas on this whole situation it would be really interesting to see what everybody thinks.

i'm sorry i really can't answer yuour questions as to which one is better, but it would be interesting to see if the temp at the intake manifold is much colder with a Cold Air Intake over something like SCP's inlet systems. All the air is going to get incredibly hot through the Supercharger, and then get cooled in the intercooler, still leaving it very hot, at which point it goes right by the exaust manifold. It kinda seems like it would be innefective to try to draw in cold air when it's going to be reheated multiple times, probably resulting in approximately the same temps by the time it goes into the motor. does anyone know how much a CAI really helps these cars?

The 3rd one is the only complete system ("liveonspeed"), similar to the MAC. The other 2 (although the green filter is supposed to be superior to K&N, etc) are only from the MAF and thru the inner fender - very expensive for just one half of the necessary system. You need the custom bent pipe from the Throttle Body to the MAF; then it's a matter of who you listen to regarding the 'extra bend into the inner fender' versus the 'under hood heat with a filter directly attached to the MAF'. Personally I have the cone filter mounted directly on the MAF with a home made metal heat shield around it. This way I can always see it (hasn't fallen off) and easily monitor how dirty it is. I also have the Autophysics (S&B) filter with a front cone intake & by remounting (turning 90 deg) my IRCM onto my heat shield I get direct frontal air thru the bumper opening. I also have a 4" flex alum intake pipe from under the front bumper and into the inner fender hole where the stock air box was mounted.

91supacoop said:
i'm sorry i really can't answer yuour questions as to which one is better, but it would be interesting to see if the temp at the intake manifold is much colder with a Cold Air Intake over something like SCP's inlet systems. All the air is going to get incredibly hot through the Supercharger, and then get cooled in the intercooler, still leaving it very hot, at which point it goes right by the exaust manifold. It kinda seems like it would be innefective to try to draw in cold air when it's going to be reheated multiple times, probably resulting in approximately the same temps by the time it goes into the motor. does anyone know how much a CAI really helps these cars?

What you said is a great point too that is why the fmic is such a great add on cause it will actually cool the air I have heard alot of people who run much cooler with the fmic. I am going to buy an air intake so this why I wanted to get this discussion going these are great points.

Back