Rear wheel hub

hytorksc

Does anyone know where I can quickly get a good used right rear wheel hub (or spindle) with studs for a '92 SC? Are there other year thunderbirds (SC or non SC) that have hubs with the same bolt pattern/splines that the SC has?

My hub was chewed up pretty badly by a bad wheel bearing

thanks-

All 89 - 97 T-Birds and Cougars, disc or drum brakes, use the same rear hubs. Should be lots of good used ones available from the number of cars being parted out these days.

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks Ed. Knowing this releives me from having to hunt around so much. i managed to find one on ebay, and some other good guys here responded to my other posts. These cars may be money pits, but overall if you get to know where the design flaws are, and what parts are most vulnerable to wear and tear- just dive right into modifying or repairing it yourself without fear- these cars are not so bad to fix, it just takes a little mechanical logistics and common sense. i think every car has a pain in the a$$ part to replace or is hard to get at. The more i learn about SC's, the more i want to keep it, and the less i like new cars. sorry about the long reply, just felt like talking i guess.

btw, Ed, your signature has the best looking tires and rims i have ever seen on an SC, and one day i hope i can get mine to look like that.

Randell-

Last edited:
Glad to help, Randell.

The pic in my sig was taken at a track day. That's the only time those wheels get bolted on the car, since they usually have 275-40-17 Hoosier DOT race tires on them.

For the street I have some 18" Fittipaldi wheels that (I think) also look pretty good.

cheers
Ed N.

fast Ed N said:
Glad to help, Randell.

The pic in my sig was taken at a track day. That's the only time those wheels get bolted on the car, since they usually have 275-40-17 Hoosier DOT race tires on them.

For the street I have some 18" Fittipaldi wheels that (I think) also look pretty good.

cheers
Ed N.

i wonder with those cobra rims whether there are street tires that can have that same profile and look. i like 17" for the SC, imo, the 18's seem too big for the wheel wells, although i may be wrong- i haven't seen the fittipaldi's you're talking about.

Take a look at my member page, there are a few more pics there with both sets of wheels showing.

cheers
Ed N.

Back