Have ?'s about engine prototypes

93_SCdriver

Hey there everybody! I am good friends with Todd Jelle and was talking to him about some of the engine prototypes that were made between '87 and 89'. I have a chance to get my hands on two of them and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about them or if someone could help me find some history out on them so I can figure out if they are worth the money or if I will end up with more problems than I already have. I would appreciate any feed back that I can get on this. I have until the end of the summer to make my decision on whether I want them or not. Thank You :cool:

I would suspect that at the very least they are running duracast cranks. Other than for the novelty factor, I'm not sure what benefit there would be to having them.

Thanks for the feedback. I had already found out about the duracast crank and so forth. Thats not too much of a problem. Again anybody who has any feed back or knows anything about these engines, I would really appreciate anything you can tell me about them! Thanks guys! :cool:

Last edited:
I don't really know anything about the prototype engines, but logic would dictate that a production version of the engine would be better. If your looking for the best production version get a 94/95 engine.

David

Where to find history on an engine???

Hey Dave thanks for the feedback. The thing is on these engines....is that they have my curiousity up. I have heard a few things about them as in some of them were junk and some of them were overly powerfull for what they were looking for. I donno what kind of truth there is to any of that and so that is why I am asking for any info I can find. The guy who is selling them said that he could get me the numbers from the engines so that I can try to search for some answers. I know this may sound like a dumb blonde ? but oh well, what do you expect, I'm and girl that is blonde...lol. but anyways, once I do get these numbers, where can I go to find out the history on them or is there such a way?? Well, anyways, as always, thanks everybody!! :)

According to my knowledge...

The prototypes were tested in 1987 Turbocoupes and had MANY problems with crankshafts.......

Also, the original engines used a larger top and other small changes.

I would just be curious about the cam selection. Not much else.

Well, if there REALLY cheap, you have a piece of history...Hopefully

Don

Back