Help! Brake Pedal gets sucked to the ground!

V8LTD

The car is a V6 Thunderbird non SC and non ABS. But the brakes are simular so I thought I would ask. So my dad the daily driver is driving home. He went to pass a car on the high way and all of a sudden the car wont stop accelerating after he let go of the gas. From 70mph he brought the car down to a hault at the bottom of the exist with two feet on the brake pedal. There he put the car in to neutral and it revved to 6200. Then he pooped it back to D and held the car with the brakes. To make a long story short he did about 2 6200 drops into D and rode the brakes all the way home with 2 feet. He called me on the phone and I went out to see him pull up the driveway. Car was smoking like crazy from the brakes. 6 days later ( today ) it still smells like brakes. So I check the car out. I found:

The obvious warped brakes, cracked pads, AND the cruise control cable stuck in the throttle. And of course a busted tranny, it bucked now when you hit the gas. And there was oil on my once super clean engine from i guess high reving?

So i was pissed because I had just rebuilt the engine 2k miles ago, and on top of it my dad should of known better as a smart person with cars. You shut off the engine and slowly slow the car to a hault. But panic set in and he didnt. I guess i understand.

So know i changed rotors, pads, and tranny.

Tranny i got was bad, when you hit the gas it bucks like crazy, and at cruising at 55 you hit the gas and it just rev's, and the kick down cable isnt working.

Also the brake is acting super wierd. after I put the tranny in I went for a test drive. If the car is off there is a nice hard pedal, once on it gets lower. And once you start driving it does something I have never seen or heard of before. When braking say going down a hill, if you hit the brakes the pedal gets sucked down to the ground. and unless you pull it back up with a foot, it will bring the car to a stop.

So I brought a master cylinder. installed that bleed brakes still same thing.

Could the brake booster do this?

Im going crazy, I spent 2 days changing the trans and evrything else and got no result.

Also when you hit the brakes there is a big air noise.

Any ideas?

well I hope you didn't inherit those genes ..from your father...that's just plain stupity..not to mention dangerous.....what was he drinking.. I mean thinking ..I would be pi$$ed ....to bad you didn't have abs...does sound like your brake booster is toasted and you have good engine vacume..and stumble may be related to the booster leaking ....sorry to hear about your troubles ...but father's day is comming in a few months ... maybe you will get a better one ....dave

Back