Ya'll seen the new PLX wideband/datalogger?

That looks nice, but it is $589 of you want the auxbox... and it aint realtime or wireless... From the description, it looks like you have to go back to the house and "downlaod" the data to the PC.

I'd like to customize the software to allow use of alarms to go off when certain levels are reached.

It would be really nice to have the thing hooked up to a palm device....

The new R-500 would look cool mounted in the dash, but I'm not gonna do such a thing to the 35th...

I hope I can find a way to squeeze an M-400 into my rebuild!

sizemoremk said:
That looks nice, but it is $589 of you want the auxbox... and it aint realtime or wireless... From the description, it looks like you have to go back to the house and "downlaod" the data to the PC.

I'd like to customize the software to allow use of alarms to go off when certain levels are reached.

It would be really nice to have the thing hooked up to a palm device....

The new R-500 would look cool mounted in the dash, but I'm not gonna do such a thing to the 35th...

I hope I can find a way to squeeze an M-400 into my rebuild!
Just to clarify, the XD-1 (MSRP $229)
xd1_300.jpg

can be used with either the LM-1 ($349.99)
LM1_Kit_2.jpg

or the LC-1 ($199.99)
3769_LC1_Sensor_500.jpg

It is realtime though it is not wireless (what is the wireless range on the PLX unit?) A bluetooth option is in the works however. A palm device can be used with the Innovate products or a PC and they do have outputs which can be used to trigger devices such as alarms. The technical support and free software upgrades are second to none (just ask Lee Maust).
Check out the innovate website for specifics at www.tuneyourengine.com

Paul

Hmmmm

I looked at the LM-1 earlier, and it read like it wasn't realtime.

From the innovative site:
The instrument can sample and store the air-fuel-ratio and the other sensor data internally in operation for later analysis on a personal computer. At a sampling rate of 12 samples/second the instrument can store up to 44 minutes worth of data in non-volatile memory. The data can be downloaded to a personal computer using a standard serial port and viewed/analyzed by the included software or any standard spreadsheet program:

I haven't used either, so I can't really comment too much, I was merely trying to notify folks that there was a newer PLX comming out...

I agree, the website is often confusing or misleading. My post was not meant to be argumentive, hope you didn't take it that way.

Paul

Naw, just curious....

If I can, I'm gonna get the PLX M400, I like the wireless option, that way I can monitor with the laptop. All depends on how the rebuild goes....

I got the m-500...and i love it. The new r-500 is a little better system with realtime data, and data storage. My m-500 needs to have the laptop connected via wireless to capture data. However, there is still always a large digital display. I only got this unit last fall because i wanted a data logger. The system is worth its weight in gold. The LM-1 might be cheaper, but I love the look of the m-500, and when you start adding the data logging feature to the lm-1 it ends up being only a $40 difference.

I do believe that I will switch to this new r-500. It uses the same 02 sensor, o2 harness, data logging harness, software, so i'm hoping that I can just buy the display and save a tone of cash.

Like i said, I love my m-500 now, its always hooked up in the car and I look at this gauge now more than I look at my speedo. The ability to know just how your engine is working is great. The data logging feature is priceless at the track, and it has saved my arse a few times from meltdown. I log mph, rpm, wideband, ACT, MAF, and TPS....so tuning is a snap.

All the features that I wished the m-500 had at the time i got mine are built into the new unit. For example, i was under the impression that the unit would have on-board logging, but in order to log you need to run a laptop, not that bad. Also the wideband signal had to be fed into the data logging harness and was not automatically included. Like I said, it was just a few random things that don't bother me.

You can get the M-300 for around $330...close to the price of the lm-1 and its more of a permanant display and a smaller unit. Thats the main reason i chose PLX.

Oh and the wireless range with a good up to date PC is about 15 feet. I run it in the pass seat and never have a problem with signal loss.

433758_91_full.jpg
433758_93_full.jpg
433758_94_full.jpg
433758_95_full.jpg
433758_96_full.jpg
433758_97_full.jpg
433758_97_full.jpg
433758_56_full.jpg

Last edited:
Back