Egr Delete

acb92sc

If I Get A Computer From A 90-92 Sc, Will This Plug Into My 89 5spd So I Can Get Rid Of My Egr System Without Throwing A Code?

The only PCM that will work.....

The only one that will work would be the COS calibration (from a 90 Auto). The 90 auto SC does not have an EGR valve (unless California Calibrated).

91 and up use 3 digit codes which under my understanding, will not work with your wiring harness.

Don

I was under the impression that all 91 SC's used same wiring, but had no EGR. I guess what I'm getting at is how do I clear the EGR code from my PCM that it doesnt have enough back pressure (full exhaust)?

Deleting the EGR on your 89 should be as simple as leaving the sensor connected. I did this for years on my car and never had a check engine light. However, if you want to find a 1990 AOD processor (COS code) then you can run it with nothing at all. 91 and newer processors are completely different and require rewiring part of the car and repinning the EEC harness.

The DPFE module....

The module that senses the air flow through the EGR valve will throw a code since the egr is open and no air flow coming through. This will flow a low flow DPFE code.

My question is why are you deleting it????? If something is wrong with it, you could replace. It WILL have a problem passing emissions if your state uses emission testing.

The other reason would be header install or just deleting it.

When I did mine, I replaced the PCM and no code and ran great.

Don

Deleting the EGR on your 89 should be as simple as leaving the sensor connected. I did this for years on my car and never had a check engine light. However, if you want to find a 1990 AOD processor (COS code) then you can run it with nothing at all. 91 and newer processors are completely different and require rewiring part of the car and repinning the EEC harness.

i have a 90 AOD parts car, so i just need to remove the ecu and plug it into my 90 5 speed car when i remove my egr? the computers besides that are the same? no drivability problems or anything? anyone else do this?? thanks

anyone??? please help, i have a chip for a 90 5 speed will this not work if i put in the 90 aod ecu?

If you have a chip, then who ever tuned your car can shut the EGR off so you don't even need to swap EEC's. If you plug that chip into the auto EEC, then EGR will be enabled if thats how the tune in the chip is setup.

Frit

The chip can be set up to turn off the EGR. I don't know about the early years, but on my 95 the computer knows the EGR is turned off. Meaning it doesn't try to use it or trip a CEL, but it does say something about the EGR if I pull codes. Can't remember the OBD code, though.

I do have a 90 AOD PCM sitting around here somewhere if anyone wants it, I'm not using it.

Back