unhooking check eng.light "temporarily"????

ddw350

before there is any questions about this let me explain.awhile ago my neighbor[2 miles away] bought his son a 95 sc,cause his kid saw mine and liked it.deal was the dad buys the car and the kid pays for repairs[probably a bad deal for the kid!] anyway hes not that old16-17? and has dumped alot in this thing over the months,which sounds like me,he had an enormous amount of codes and has replaced alot of stuff,costing a good bit.i told him that i too was working on my codes[cam sensor]and could help a little.problem here is,in maryland we have to have a emisions test.the kid has already had 1 waiver cause the rag wasnt running enough to get to the test site!now hes due to get it reinspected,BUT they wont inspect it with the check engine light on,i dont know if you can get 2 waivers in a row without a fine?his light has been on pretty much since he got the car,2 mechanics[1 "specializing" in ford] get it to go out,just to have it reappear.is there anyway to unhook the light or pull the bulb out easily so he can get the emissions done.it will probably fail anyway,but at least he will have taken it there and they can deal with however they want.im doing this to be a good guy and help the boy,he works hard and his family is good people,im just afraid of the "no good deed goes unpunished"saying...any ideas...thanks for any help!

well,evidently you can unhook it,i stopped by this afternoon to check his progress,instead of seeing sensors and tools laying around,the dash is in about 100 pieces as he "got rid" of his check eng.light[so his dad said] he was in town ordering a white gauge cover or something while it was apart,at least i dont have to fool with it anymore.oh yea,to top it off,he broke the plexiglass that covers the gauges,this car will be garbage if he keeps this up!

Back