Valve Covers

Super XR7

Any interest in different valve covers? I am currently working on some replacement valve covers for our cars, is there any interest in something like this? The design in incomplete but you can get a flavor for what I am doing. Lacking the oil fill and the crankcase vents. All machined out of aluminum. and features top cover that can be removed for adjusting valves, etc.

Attachments

• Valve Cover.jpg
    Valve Cover.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 712
I like them. How much is the projected cost of these? How soon will they be made? :) Can I have something else engraved on them?

What would you guys like to have engraved in the top? Ford Racing? Supercoupe? Give me your ideas. I plan on making them very soon, not sure what the cost will be, not until I get the design complete, material quotes, time on the machine, etc. I am definitly going to make them and hope to start next month on a protoype set.

Mike Tuck

MIKE 38sc said:
I like them. How much is the projected cost of these? How soon will they be made? :) Can I have something else engraved on them?

Mike, see above post. Do you have any pictures of your fuel rails?

Mike Tuck

Super XR7 said:
Mike, see above post. Do you have any pictures of your fuel rails?

Mike Tuck

Mike I'm not sure what if anything at all I would want engraved, maybe just plain as I'm into stealth pretty heavy. That brings me to the fuel rails. Those baby's are back in my black room(or skunkworks LOL!!) so there's no pictures that will be posted of them. They dont fit an Eaton application anyway and are part of a custom job, once the customer has them he can post pics if he wants. I've done a couple of custom 1 off jobs for guy's and I dont tell the details about them.
There was a fella that posted pics of the fuel rails he's working on, maybe he's gonna sell a kit. I really doubt that I'll sell fuel rail kits because there's just not much of a market for high perf SC parts. The cost of tooling up for such projects is so high that you just cannot recoupe the costs with that small of a market.
I like the design of your valve covers very much but if the cost ends up being around the cost of stockers or alittle higher dont expect to sell many sets. But on the otherhand if you get them Chrome or Gold plated or Anodized and maybe powdercoated you may sell truck loads of them. Bling Bling sells much better than high perf. :)

MIKE 38sc said:
Mike I'm not sure what if anything at all I would want engraved, maybe just plain as I'm into stealth pretty heavy. That brings me to the fuel rails. Those baby's are back in my black room(or skunkworks LOL!!) so there's no pictures that will be posted of them. They dont fit an Eaton application anyway and are part of a custom job, once the customer has them he can post pics if he wants. I've done a couple of custom 1 off jobs for guy's and I dont tell the details about them.
There was a fella that posted pics of the fuel rails he's working on, maybe he's gonna sell a kit. I really doubt that I'll sell fuel rail kits because there's just not much of a market for high perf SC parts. The cost of tooling up for such projects is so high that you just cannot recoupe the costs with that small of a market.
I like the design of your valve covers very much but if the cost ends up being around the cost of stockers or alittle higher dont expect to sell many sets. But on the otherhand if you get them Chrome or Gold plated or Anodized and maybe powdercoated you may sell truck loads of them. Bling Bling sells much better than high perf. :)

Thanks for the info. On the fuel rails, I will go ahead and make my own as I have not seen anything that catches my eye. I am looking for performance and the bling bling.
Thanks,
Mike

cougarsc said:
How about a T-bird logo or a Cougar logo? Also you could include a Lexan cover for car shows.

I think that I will do the "Mercury Racing" on the prototype (I have a Cougar), could also design up one with a T-Bird logo for the Thunderbirds. I will work on that.
I am not sure about Lexan, as it would be covered in oil shortly after start up.?

Thanks for the contribution.
Mike T.

Hey Mike,

Could you make mine with "Fill with Oil only", "Use only Automotive Oil" or "Oil and Anti-Freeze don't mix". :p

Looks great Mike. Are you going to the Dayton meet?

I would be interested if you could engrave a t-bird on it. I would like to know what kind of gasket I am up against for that top piece. As for the bottom piece... use the empregnated rubber from the 99-04 3.8s. The bolts hold better (probably cause mine are worn out) but the gasket material works better.

Chris

Chris Walker said:
I would be interested if you could engrave a t-bird on it. I would like to know what kind of gasket I am up against for that top piece. As for the bottom piece... use the empregnated rubber from the 99-04 3.8s. The bolts hold better (probably cause mine are worn out) but the gasket material works better.

Chris

The top will seal with a high temp oil resistant o-ring. As for the top design, I am still in the final design phase.
Mike

Here is the first piece of the prototype valve covers and it is for my personal vehicle (Cougar XR7). I plan on making more if I can get the pricing reasonable (group purchase of 10). Give me some ideas on what you guys would want for a top cover and we can go from there. I am open to making two or three different designs but no more than that. I plan on powder coating mine black and painting the top of the lettering yellow to go with my "Super XR7" top. The slots will be chamfered bringing out the aluminum.
Also in the design will be a oil fill in the same place but will not stick up like the OEM and the covers will have vents in the rear that will connect to the throttle body inlet plenum. So now you have it, lets come up with some ideas for all that are interested. This will be a one of many summer projects on my lists of things to do, provided there is enough interest.
Mike Tuck

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Back