95 5-speed

cato

I've finally had enough of my sc, and am ready for something else. its a 95 5-speed, pretty well loaded out. electric currant red on grey 50/50 interior. sunroof, keyless, autolights, premium sound, its not perfect by a long shot, but it does have a lot of good stuff to it, I don't want to part it out, but its getting to the point where it might be more worth my time to do it the paints not in great shape but not awful either; anyhow:

the bad, speedo doesn't work, has an odd intermittent start problem, has paint cancer on the hood, has a chatter that I think is the s/c snout, I think the throw out bearing is going and the sunroof leaks.

the GOOD: b&m ripper shifter, white face gauges, spec stage 2 clutch, 255lph fuel pump,reman tranny from southern gear about 1-1/2 years ago, spec aluminum flywheel (not installed) exhaust has no cats, and no resonator, solid motor and tranny mounts, new cam sensor, crank sensor, water pump, alpine cd player,a/c blows cold and the heat blows hot, 40th ann. mats, thats all that comes to mind, but might be more.

car shows 113k on the odo, but add about 7-10 for the inop speedo. located in birmingham, AL. willing to drive a reasonable distance for sale. looking to get 3000 for it, I want this car to go to someone who can fix the little things and preserve a good car, rather than me end up parting it out. I can provide pictures of anything from any angle, just let me know. email is cato421@bellsouth.net carfax shows that this car has never been titled outside of the state of alabama, so its a good southern rust free car

Last edited:
95 5 Speed

Please send some pics if you can to: BillPict@concentric.net Very interested.

Thanks,

Bill

cato said:
I've finally had enough of my sc, and am ready for something else. its a 95 5-speed, pretty well loaded out. electric currant red on grey 50/50 interior. sunroof, keyless, autolights, premium sound, its not perfect by a long shot, but it does have a lot of good stuff to it, I don't want to part it out, but its getting to the point where it might be more worth my time to do it the paints not in great shape but not awful either; anyhow:

the bad, speedo doesn't work, has an odd intermittent start problem, has paint cancer on the hood, has a chatter that I think is the s/c snout, I think the throw out bearing is going and the sunroof leaks.

the GOOD: b&m ripper shifter, white face gauges, spec stage 2 clutch, 255lph fuel pump,reman tranny from southern gear about 1-1/2 years ago, spec aluminum flywheel (not installed) exhaust has no cats, and no resonator, solid motor and tranny mounts, new cam sensor, crank sensor, water pump, alpine cd player,a/c blows cold and the heat blows hot, 40th ann. mats, thats all that comes to mind, but might be more.

car shows 113k on the odo, but add about 7-10 for the inop speedo. located in birmingham, AL. willing to drive a reasonable distance for sale. looking to get 3000 for it, I want this car to go to someone who can fix the little things and preserve a good car, rather than me end up parting it out. I can provide pictures of anything from any angle, just let me know. email is cato421@bellsouth.net carfax shows that this car has never been titled outside of the state of alabama, so its a good southern rust free car

add chrome cold air intake and poly differential bushings to the list, and drop the flywheel, because its burried in storage somewhere, and with a 10x20 room full of stuff theres no telling where it is

Last edited:
You had to sell this right when I am trying to do an engine build in my 35th....

Remember me, I bought that set of heads from ya in Huntsville!

I wish your timing on the 95 was a little better, like another year :D

I just got my estimates from the machine shop, and it aint pretty!

Good luck with the car!

LOL, course I remember ya, hate that its a bad time, its really not a bad car, I just don't have the time to keep doing stuff, I hate to sell it but I'm just ready for something else

You sure the chatter isn't a vac leak?

The 93 I bought for parts had SC chatter, and a can of engine starting fluid at the IC and arund the back found some leaks. Sealed em up, and no more chatter...

If you do part it out, I got dibs on the blower and inlet plenum...

But I do hope you can find a buyer, I hate to see these things parted out.

I got my 93 to part out, but I did some work to it and it ran fine. Was working out a deal to give it to my little brother. It has been a one sided deal so it becomes my parts car Easter weeked... It is still in pieces from half a motor mout job....

are you willing to meet up some time and let me have a look at it? i live in birmingham as well :)

thanks,
jb

yeah absolutely, and for everyone who wants pictures, I'm not neglecting you, I just work 2 jobs, so I don't have a whole lot of daylight time, and I need to clean it first, its supposed to storm the next couple days also, but pictures will be sent ASAP.

if you wouldn't mind, email me a contact number to journer@charter.net and i'll give you a call so we can meet up sometime :) also, what kind of car were you looking to get into? I have a 98 mustang GT convertable for sale that i would be willing to sell for the SC + cash

thanks

Last edited:
Is this '95 a true 5-speed or a converted automatic? The VMM has the Traction Assist button indicating to me it was an auto car originally.

SC'er said:
Is this '95 a true 5-speed or a converted automatic? The VMM has the Traction Assist button indicating to me it was an auto car originally.

interesting...i would also like to know...

yes it is a swap car, don't want to deceive anyone, the only two things that haven't been changed over that I'm aware of are the VMM, and the rear end, I kept it because I like the 3.27's in it, I do however have a 2.73 pumpkin that will come with the car, also a early rear bumper...If I get what I want or near it I"ll also include a set of shop manuals, EVTM and the regular manual, both Helm manuals, an I paid nearly 100 for both of them. honestly, at what I'm asking you could buy this and part it and make well over 3k on it...

Back