Aftermarket Keyless Entry???

SCFan84

I was looking into getting an aftermarket keyless entry system since i have determined that mine doesn't have it. Has anybody else put in aftermarket keyless kits? Also should i go with a keyless/ alarm combo. I don't really need an alarm so i'm thinking just keyless. Is it a bad idea to put an aftermarket one in. I saw a kit at a store near here that had a kit with 2 key fobs for $50 and was thinkin' i may get that kit. It was the most expensive kit there. I really hate not having keyless. How hard to you guys think it is to wire it in? Thanks for the help. ~Cole~ :)

Most of us have an alarm that locks the doors when armed, and unlocks them when you disarm it. If you have a shop install it, depending on how many channels the alarm and remote have, you can program it to pop your trunk, activate a remote start unit, roll up or down windows, close sunroof, power up stereo, pop your doors (if you have shaved them and have poppers and solenoids installed), pop your fuel door open, activate your air ride suspension (if you have bags, you can drop or raise the car from the push of a button on your remote)

I have a viper alarm on my SC. When armed it flashes the parking lights once, beeps once, and locks the doors. When disarmed it flashes the lights twice, beeps twice, and unlocks the doors. If it was set off, it will flash more and beep more when you disarm it so you know that it was set off.

Scott thanks for the help. i went to get a Keyless kit today but the guy at The shop said that unless i have alot of wiring experience i should have it professionally installed. I may wait until this summer and get an alarm and keyless put in at Best Buy. It's like $250 or something and they install it for free. I'll have to wait and see. Thanks again for the help though. ~Cole~

Back