PDA

View Full Version : wont start when warm

Miller
03-20-2005, 10:34 PM
ok I just bought another SC today to replace my last one.... its a 90 got it for $700 with replaced HG's and stufffff... car starts right up + runs good.. BUTTTTTTT...... after it gets warmed up a little bit, if i shut the car off, it wont start.... it just cranks.....I was told by the guy I bought it from it needed a new DIS... so i pulled the one out of my other 90 and switched it and still have the same problem so I know its not that.....i was told it could be a bad ground thats making it get hot...the ground from the battery is really ******, the guy used speaker wire or something.. so I used a jumper cable and hooked it up to the battery then to where the ground is and tried it again and it wouldnt start after it was warm........ what do you think it could be ?

Miller
03-21-2005, 04:43 AM

speed95
03-21-2005, 05:32 AM
Turn the key forward to the on position but do not start it. Press the gas petal down to the floor and then try to start it. I had the same problem with mine a few months ago and was told to try that. If it starts then the temp sensor is bad. I was told it tells the computer that it is below freezing outside and will flood it out. Dont know if it will help you but its worth a try-Chris