Brake Question

Randle

My bird needs some new brake pads. I've let them go too long now, due to some money constraints. However, I'm wondering what some good pads are? I've heard that Raybesto's (?) can warp your rotor because they are too hard, also, what should they be made out of (metalic, semi-metallic, etc). I'm not a weekend racer, but I would like to be able to stop with some authority. Thanks for the help.

Pep Boys Carries Hawk Performance Pads, Which Are Some Of The Best Pads Available For The Average Driver. Autozone Carries Performance Friction As Well, Which Are Quite Good For The Money As Well.

brakes

Randle said:
My bird needs some new brake pads. I've let them go too long now, due to some money constraints. However, I'm wondering what some good pads are? I've heard that Raybesto's (?) can warp your rotor because they are too hard, also, what should they be made out of (metalic, semi-metallic, etc). I'm not a weekend racer, but I would like to be able to stop with some authority. Thanks for the help.
Randy autozone has lifetime brake pads for like 20.00 dollars

brakes

Randle said:
Randle autozone has lifetime brake pads for like 20.00 dollars

The Autozone $20 Are Albany's (i Used To Work There), And They Are Not Really That Good. The Performance Frictions Are Also Lifetime Warranty, Semi Metallic, And Are Only Like $35. The Hawks From Pep Boys Are About $40-$45 And Are Way Better Imo.

tamotorsports1@ said:
Randle autozone has lifetime brake pads for like 20.00 dollars
As long as you don't mind changing the pads every 2 years, then its a good deal and you get what you paid for. Napa offers a non-lifetime warranted pad which costs twice as much but will last for as long as the originals. ;)

Back