94 or 95 SC in Arizona?

ruswin

Anybody have a 94 or 95 SC in Arizona near Casa Grande that would be willing to help me out? I have been troubleshooting a hesitation problem for weeks now and I believe I have eliminated everything except the DIS module. Need to "borrow" one for a quick swap to see if I'm right. That is unless there is someway to test the DIS?
Symptoms are when you stomp on the throttle, it hesitates badly for a split second and doesn't spool up like it used to. I also have noticed that it detonates badly when near WOT and under load. When I remove the Spout jumper, the detonation goes away but the engine just doesn't pull like it use to.
I recently sealed the IC tubes with minor improvements. Help? :confused:

i live in south chandler, but i have a '92. i do have a spare DIS laying around though if thats any help...

Thanks dude, unfortunately, the 94-95 has a different DIS module than the earlier years. I may have solved my problems by adjusting my TPS sensor voltage down to .8volts and replacing a couple cracked vac lines. I also cleaned the inside of the TB. Thanks anyways.

how can i tell the difference between a 92 DIS and a 95 DIS, my spare might not even work in my car if its the wrong one.

They are way different, the 89-93s mount on top of the AC compressor bracket and have two connectors, one on each end. The 94-95 mount on the passenger's wheel well and have a single connector. They can't be confused.

then i have the right one, thanks :) . so you have 3 SC's huh? i might be stopping by sometime when i mess something up on my car and need help.

No problem, I have learned more than I ever have wanted to about these cars. The best part about these cars is actually the great support you can get here on the SCCoA. Brother's in Arms you might say?

Back