New INtercooler CONCEPT

WinnipegSC

My new idea for an intercooler Needs 4" cowl hood

OK i thought of this idea as there is less resticted airflow at high speeds to front of IC, easier larger piping , Ease of changing sparkplugs and Fuel injector and valve adjustments.

possibly track only Hood pins Required

ok heres the idea

Attachments

• Idea.jpg
    Idea.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 279
WinnipegSC said:
My new idea for an intercooler Needs 4" cowl hood

OK i thought of this idea as there is less resticted airflow at high speeds to front of IC, easier larger piping , Ease of changing sparkplugs and Fuel injector and valve adjustments.

possibly track only Hood pins Required

ok heres the idea

Someone here already did an intercooler like that.

David

I've seen it before in somebodies signature, but I don't remember who. It was a stock IC though.

The top of the hood is a tricky place for a scoop - the aerodynamics aren't as you might expect. At higher speeds, the air actually goes up over the scoop, this is a problem with the stock WRX scoop too - the STi version has a much taller scoop to help get around this problem.

im not sure if ur aware but presusrized air doesnt REALLyt care much about corners as long as theres the same amount of room .. the FMIC has a 180 on the passenger side.. as long as there is no SHARp angles or durastic size changes presurized air will jsut FLOW

Rob Noth said:
The top of the hood is a tricky place for a scoop - the aerodynamics aren't as you might expect. At higher speeds, the air actually goes up over the scoop, this is a problem with the stock WRX scoop too - the STi version has a much taller scoop to help get around this problem.
This is true and location of the scoop is also key.

Back