It didn't set in what 587HP will do til I saw this V6.

V8Supercoupe

Yep, I saw the previous thread a few days ago, but it didn't really set in what that does for you at the track.

Linked from SVTPerformance. Maybe someone can resize for us.

~edit~
I'm an ASSS. I misread the thread on the other board. This is not the car that should be posted. But, for the sake of the wow-ness factor, I'm leaving it here.
The white car, as Dave specified below is the 587 car.
Ran a 10.3 to a 10.5.

mattgrin.jpg

veesickes.jpg

Skip

Last edited:
Hmmm, I stand corrected. I assumed that was the guy. Good way to get into trouble eh? LOL!

But anyway, still cool to say the least. The dude that turned 587, that's one HEK of an engine shot huh? I would have never expected the engine to look like THAT! Kinda almost looks like a junkyard setup! LOL!

Skip

V8Supercoupe said:
Hmmm, I stand corrected. I assumed that was the guy. Good way to get into trouble eh? LOL!

But anyway, still cool to say the least. The dude that turned 587, that's one HEK of an engine shot huh? I would have never expected the engine to look like THAT! Kinda almost looks like a junkyard setup! LOL!

Skip

Yeak Skip the stealth look is a personal favorite of mine. :eek: :D hehehe......
The amazing sphycologocal(spelling) effect of bling bling is astounding, is'nt it? :D :D :D Bling bling is kinda like crack in that it really warps ones perception of reality and keeps them coming back for more even when it doe'snt help a thing. LOL!!!!!! :p :D :D

Yeah Mike, your right.

It reminds me a lot of the earlier, I guess pre 94 Stangs. I saw so many that looked like scrap heaps only to watch them snap off 9-10's in the qtr. It kind of blows my mind a little.

Skip

Would be fun to put Coy Miller against those guys. His set up in -those- cars would definitely beat a 10.30. But as is if he did a few more tweaks he could give em a good run and brag about being 1000lbs heavier :)

Micah

Micahdogg said:
Would be fun to put Coy Miller against those guys. His set up in -those- cars would definitely beat a 10.30. But as is if he did a few more tweaks he could give em a good run and brag about being 1000lbs heavier :)

Micah

Micah,

I heard that Coy is ditching the 3.8 and building a 900 rwhp twin turbo v8 for the car.

David

If any Supercoupes showed up tot eh V6 Ford Challenge this weekend you would have seen the top 3 mustangs times recorded. The 587 RWHP car is inded that white stang int he first pic, he ran the 10.3 pass, the green car ran a best of 10.58 that day, and then there is a twin turbo stock motor that ran 11.29. The 587 RWHP car has a lot more in it too, he JUST put his C4 tranny in the day before the race and the convertor is way too loose, he is going to get the converter tightened upa nd he will be int he 9's for sure. The green car is limited to a smaller HP shot of nitrous due to fuel restrictions, once he upgrades the fuel system he is planning on a 200 HP shot of nitrous and 9's will be in his sight as well.

The twin turbo car is a beast, its so quiet its a total sleeper. He has trouble getting off the line hard, but once he gets going he gets going. If he can launch harder he too will be in the 10's. Not bad for a junk yard motor with stock heasd, cam, everything, just a bolt on custom turbo kit and great tuning.

Hope to see you guys at the Florida or michigan V6FC's We need some SC's to battle it out with these stangs. :D

The green one makes 280rwhp and has a 150HP shot on it I believe. The car also only weighs 2600lbs so that is a big part of it.

If Coy would ever let go of the M90 his motors would have made waves long ago. Some people are just stubborn I guess. :D

the green car makes 280 RWHP without the nitrous and runs a 12.0, with the 125 shot of nitrous it gets about 90 RWHP more and runs the 10.58, that car is a beast, it needs an anti-roll bar so it leaves the line better but damn it flies out of the hole.

Dave, you should send coy a setup to "test" on his car and see if he cant run low 10's or high 9's. I know its probably not feasible financially since you'd have to provide everything, but the "what if" factor on that would be cool. Its good to see some V6's haul ***.

Maybe I should talk Jen into getting a V6 stang rather than a 5.0L or 4.6L? Cheaper insurance. I like the centrifugal blower idea.... gets you thinking for an SC, different intake manifold, P1-SC, front mount......

how about this prochargd Supercoupe motor, its also in a mustang. Not sure if the whole motor is a SC motor but it uses the SC lower with a custom elbow and has the TB right off the elbow. Here is the link to all the pics. He is currently at 470 RWHP and 431 RWTQ, haven't heard from the guy in a while and no track times as of yet.

http://www.performanceautowerks.com/Pages/Main Frames.htm

dyno graph

v6stangwnit_2-7-05.jpg

It's real nice to see good thing happening with these motors. We are just hitting the tip of the iceberg. Uh huh. :D

XR7 Dave said:
It's real nice to see good thing happening with these motors. We are just hitting the tip of the iceberg. Uh huh. :D

I will definately have to agree with that. It is interesting to think of how some of these engines would do with alternate power adders that are becoming available. I expect more surprises to happen this year. :)

Back