XR7Dave

91BLOWNSC

I was reading up on some hold posts about rebuilding the M5R2, and you had stated you could get the parts for around 100-135 dollars from southern gear. Well I called them today and they quoted me a price of 185 dollars, 175 of which is the syncros so thats 35 dollars a piece, and 5 dollars for each seal (fron and back they said). Is this a common price? I just noticed it was a bit higher than what you had stated. And are the syncros and seals usually the typical things I will need. Is there anything I am forgetting. He had told me that sometimes the front bearing runs hot in the trans, and thats the only one they usually replace.

Thanks.

What you have probably run into is the flucuating price of metals.
I have run into this several times starting back in November last year.
I have learned that once you call and get a price you better get down there and buy it right then, because the price will be different tomarrow morning.
Example:
I called the steel yard and priced 1 1/2 DOM tubing in 21' sticks, the price qouted was $37.55 per stick. The next morning when I arrived to purchase it the price had jumped to $132.85 for the same product. This rollercoaster priceing of metals is something every buisness that works with metals in this country has had to work with lately. My buddy that owns a sheetmetal shop just closed his doors and laid off all of his employees. Once he had worked up a bid pkg on a job and was awarded the job he no longer could buy the materials needed for the prices he was quoted. The prices have gotten so crazy he was in effect paying co's to have work. You cant even get by like that.

I called the steel yard and priced 1 1/2 DOM tubing in 21' sticks, the price qouted was $37.55 per stick. The next morning when I arrived to purchase it the price had jumped to $132.85 for the same product

Maybe they didn't know it was you that called Mike. Then when you got there they said, " OH,,,,that guy", then bumped the price! LOL!
~bust'in~

:rolleyes:
Skip

I've had similar things happen when purchasing wholesale flexible copper tubing.

MIKE 38sc said:
What you have probably run into is the flucuating price of metals.
I have run into this several times starting back in November last year.
I have learned that once you call and get a price you better get down there and buy it right then, because the price will be different tomarrow morning.
Example:
I called the steel yard and priced 1 1/2 DOM tubing in 21' sticks, the price qouted was $37.55 per stick. The next morning when I arrived to purchase it the price had jumped to $132.85 for the same product. This rollercoaster priceing of metals is something every buisness that works with metals in this country has had to work with lately. My buddy that owns a sheetmetal shop just closed his doors and laid off all of his employees. Once he had worked up a bid pkg on a job and was awarded the job he no longer could buy the materials needed for the prices he was quoted. The prices have gotten so crazy he was in effect paying co's to have work. You cant even get by like that.

LightEMup said:
wow, i musta had a major flux, i got quoted 327 dollars?!?! do people just hate me or somthing?? lol

Welll know, you were probably quoted the package also, which I was at first of 330 dollars. Which includes the bearings and stuff. I also heard something about a thrust washer or something?

91BLOWNSC said:
I was reading up on some hold posts about rebuilding the M5R2, and you had stated you could get the parts for around 100-135 dollars from southern gear. Well I called them today and they quoted me a price of 185 dollars, 175 of which is the syncros so thats 35 dollars a piece, and 5 dollars for each seal (fron and back they said). Is this a common price? I just noticed it was a bit higher than what you had stated. And are the syncros and seals usually the typical things I will need. Is there anything I am forgetting. He had told me that sometimes the front bearing runs hot in the trans, and thats the only one they usually replace.

Thanks.

I haven't ordered in awhile. $185 doesn't surprise me with the price of gas lately. lol

Back