need help with reassembly

cougar20th

well i pulled the motor to do head gaskets along with other stuff. my big problem now is reassembling everything. i wasnt the only one removing parts. now i dont know what bolts, studs, nuts go where for mounting the brackets that hold the a/c and p/s and the other stuff on the front of the motor. anyone got pictures or diagrams of what bolts got where.

cougar20th said:
well i pulled the motor to do head gaskets along with other stuff. my big problem now is reassembling everything. i wasnt the only one removing parts. now i dont know what bolts, studs, nuts go where for mounting the brackets that hold the a/c and p/s and the other stuff on the front of the motor. anyone got pictures or diagrams of what bolts got where.
the 15 mm bolts that are around four inches long go to the brackets to heads ,

the studs with nuts on them go to water pump for power steering front bracket,

the 12mm or 1/2 x5-6 inches go on ac unit they vary my 89 had 10mm heads on ac bolts my 92 had 12mm my 93 had 1/2 american standard,

small 1 inch x 15mm heads go on powersteering pump to front bracket,

this is from top of my head 18 mm head bolts go on pulleys tensioners.

any thing else I will look at my car when it stops raining here.

thanks.

i got it together. had to assemble everything and swap bolts and studs until i found the right one. and find a rag with some of the bolts wraped in it. it was figuring out that one of the long studs went behind the pulley thats in place of a air pump that took sometime. the rest seems to work correctly. now to put the motor back into the car. after i swap the clutch and clear the cats.

Not that this coment matters now, but the best way to avoid that problem is with ziplock baggies, masking tape, and a sharpie. :cool:

yup. that would have help tremendously. i did it with my 69 mach1 why i didnt do it with this i dont know. also never figured it would be apart for this long.

Back