where can i get quality headlight housings?

ddw350

my drivers side housing is all messed up,the shiny stuff on the inside is actually peeling off,and theres condensation inside it.even after high speed buffing,it still doesnt put out half the light of the pass side.the pass side looks great,but i imagine if you get one side,the other will look different.i had a bulb blow out years ago in the drivers side,it actually blew up! guess it did something to the inside of the housing. i see $50 housings on ebay,but im kind of leary of them,any ideas?thanks.....

HeadlightWarehouse.com

I just bought new headlight assemblies for my '95 SC and installed them along with the Competition LTD heavy duty harness and bulb kit from SCP. I got the headlights at headlightwarehouse.com, and they were about $75.00 each, plus shipping, as opposed to most places charging $125.00 and up. Now I am going to find me a bottle of "Novus 9" to use on them when they begin to yellow, hopefully a long time from now.

Don Klitzke
Prospect TN

how was installation of the housings? i hear people talking bout how aftermarket housings dont fit right[gaps,cant get them aimed....].i'll look into it if they seem to fit good....

The installation was fairly easy.

My car has just been repaired in the front and everything forward of the radiator mount is new. The one thing I still have to do is get some more of those cheesy clips used to hold the light housings to the black plastic mount. Plus it looks like I'll have to dremel down the thickness of the black plastic mount in order to line up the slot in the mounting pegs to slide those clips on. This is just on the lower mounting pegs (the hardest to get to!!). The upper ones are okay. I notice that without those bottom clips in, the lights can tend to tilt slightly upward. Otherwise, they look factory and work well with the Comp LTD 9007 light kit. The aim is fine. Man, it sure makes a difference going from stock wattage and super yellowed lenses to new lenses with high watt bulbs. I can see again! I just hope the increased heat from the extra watts doesn't reduce the life of the new housings too badly.

Don Klitzke
Prospect TN

1995 SC auto/w/Art Carr guts, 5% pulley full SCP exhaust w/Kooks coated headers, Apten chip. Going to Iraq in July for 6 months. Hopefully when I get back, I'll add Ford reman shortblock w/ Steieglemeister package (heads, cam, etc) new ported SC, MP bolt-ons include FMIC, all new front & rear suspension w/ Konis, 3.73 posi Cobra pumpkin, Griffin bigtime radiator, BHJ balancer, and assorted upgrades (like brakes).

ive heard about the clips needing a little modifying,dont sound too bad though,i got the silverstars headlights,they are brighter than stock,but nothing to jump up and down about.ive havent seen any posts about "premature housing failure" cause of the higher wattage bulbs,ill probably use te silverstars again when i get new housings,thanks for the info.

i got a set off e-bay they were brand new, with the thin clear plastic still over the lenses. Can't say if all of them are that good though...

I bought some that were DEPO brand. These are very nice quality and have held up great for the last three years.

Back