94-95 piston

Burbank95sc

Where can I find 94-95 piston? :confused: :confused:
I've called ford dealer and some other parts stores and they don't have it.I really want to put my engine back in the car as soon as possible
anyone has a used one or knows where to get it.

HELP PLEASE

Derek

H675 is the part number for Sealed Power Pistons that fit 1989 through 1995 SC engines. These are stock replacement pistons. Specify H675CP for anti-friction coatings on the skirts.

You can order them through most parts shops or www.rockauto.com. Under $30 each.

Umm, don't 94-95 pistons feature higher
compression ratio and floating wrist pins?
I don't see how the p/n could be the same for 89-95.

All aftermarket pistons are made to accept floating or non floating pins. As for the compression ratio you are probably out of luck. Either get all new ones or keep scrounging for a used one..... Probably new rings are going to raise compression anyhow on that one cylinder so most likely the 89 compression ratio with new rings will be more or less equal anyhow.

Thanks everyone for helping me.
I'm confused right now.I don't know what to do;
;WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD DO :confused: :confused:
--replace all 6 pistons with stock brand new ones?? or
-- do it right and get forged pistons and rods??

. I don't want to mess with this engine again in few weeks.What would be the best choice for me with my mods
BTW my mods are in my member page and I also have few more parts in my garage ready for installation;;.520 lift cam, built heads for this cam,double intercooler,42's injectors,5% jackshaft,SPEC stage 2 clutch and alum flywheel

The 351 rods with custom forged pistons will cost about $1000 give or take...
Which is why I wont be using them...

There are no longer any forged stock pistons offered, unless I've missed a source...

Last edited:
I spoke with the tech group at Federal Mogul regarding those sealed power pistons. They are a full floating design but will accept the pressed pins as well.

The pistons come with pins and the lock rings to hold them in if you want to convert your early motor over to the later rods.

What is it you're doing with your car? Is this a rebuild, or just a bad piston you're replacing. If you're not going through the engine completely, then get the Sealed Power parts and button it up.

If you're planning on building some serious power (over 400rwhp) and don't want to go back into block to upgrade anything, look at getting upgraded connecting rods, which calls for forged "custom" pistons.

Mike8675309 said:
I spoke with the tech group at Federal Mogul regarding those sealed power pistons. They are a full floating design but will accept the pressed pins as well.

The pistons come with pins and the lock rings to hold them in if you want to convert your early motor over to the later rods.

What is it you're doing with your car? Is this a rebuild, or just a bad piston you're replacing. If you're not going through the engine completely, then get the Sealed Power parts and button it up.

If you're planning on building some serious power (over 400rwhp) and don't want to go back into block to upgrade anything, look at getting upgraded connecting rods, which calls for forged "custom" pistons.

I've got bent one rod few weeks ago and I was gonna just replace the rods . I was cleaning the pistons few days ago and find out that one piston is cracked.I've allready got brand new rods ,rod bearings and piston rings.
I think I'm gonna go with federal mogul pistons but I have few questions;

-can I replace only 1 piston or get 6 of them
-if I get 6 new pistons do I have to rebalance the crank

Burbank95sc said:
I've got bent one rod few weeks ago and I was gonna just replace the rods . I was cleaning the pistons few days ago and find out that one piston is cracked.I've allready got brand new rods ,rod bearings and piston rings.
I think I'm gonna go with federal mogul pistons but I have few questions;

-can I replace only 1 piston or get 6 of them
-if I get 6 new pistons do I have to rebalance the crank

It's my undestanding, in general, that simply replacing the rods is enough to consider having the entire reciprocating mass rebalanced. So if you want to keep the car for a long time, I guess I would tend to go with new pistons new rods, and then balance the whole thing. Of course part of this is due to the new pistons being reasonably priced from Federal-Mogul. At under $30 each it's easier to say replace them all than if it was $100 each.

Is the cracked piston the same one that bent the rod? Sounds like you had some major detonation going on in there. I guess I wouldn't put new pistons in if there is a good chance things will have to come apart again. But if you've solved the detonation problem , I'd be putting new ones in. (with the coated skirts this time)

Is see you spoke with them aboutt hese pistons.

I spoe with acoatings guy the other day, and he said that *some* of the factory replcement coats were not permanant coatings, meaning that they were just a applied grease of soem kind, that was meant for aiding in break-in...

Did they tell you anything about these coatings???

Thansk!

I didn't speak to them specifically about the coating as I thought I understood it pretty well. It's a coating applied to the skirts on the pistons to allow for tigher fit of the pistons in the bore. This allows for less head material to be removed and a tighter overall seal.

If I was going to buy forged pistons, I'd be getting them swain-tech coated with anti-friction coatings on the skirts and temperature control coatings on the tops.

The stock Hypereutectic pistons deal well with heat so I'm not too worried about a combustion surface coating, and the skirt coating on the piston is a plus. I noticed that the listing for RockAuto shows the same price for coated or not, and the non-coated ones say that when depleted, order the CP coated pistons. Thus my guess is that you probably won't be able to get pistons without the coating from Federal-Mogul soon.

SKIRT COATED PISTONS (“CP” SUFFIX)
A growing number of Sealed Power pistons are available with our exclusive factory-applied moly-graphite anti-friction coating. This patented technological advance can extend the life of an engine and essentially eliminate piston scuffing problems. Coated pistons are ideal for severe duty performance engines and everyday applications. The coating is precisely applied to pistons with a computer-controlled application and unique curing process. There is no overspray with our process and no coating ends up in the ring grooves.

Sealed Power Coated Pistons:

Improve piston life
Reduce friction
Essentially eliminate scuffing and wear
Help prevent damage from inadequate lubrication, especially during start-up
Improve cylinder sealing for less blow-by and more power
Require no increase in skirt clearance

Id absolutely put all new pistons in if you've gone that far. No way I'd take a chance on used pistons in your case. Just my .02.

XR7 Dave said:
Id absolutely put all new pistons in if you've gone that far. No way I'd take a chance on used pistons in your case. Just my .02.

I believe that is the plan at this point!

I'm just wondering about the coatings... i think I may want the non coated, and going to coat the uncoated...

Not sure if theirs is a permanant one or not...

Last edited:
Yes the coating on the Sealed Power pistons is permanent and works very good. HD is useing the same exact coating on all of there stock pistons in there engines now for a few years. Seems to hold up pretty good.

Thanks everyone .I've allready ordered 6 new SEALED POWER pistons from Rockauto.
I have one more question
-I've got brand new set of piston rings for stock pistons, can I use those rings with sealed power pistons?
thanks
Derek

Here is a quote from my thread in the performance section. I'd contact Federal-Mogul directly and see what they say. I'm guessing the rings will work fine, but you should check. They were very helpful at Federal-Mogul.

A local performance house (Sean, MAS Racing Products) helped me gain info on the pistons. Got me the number to Federal-Mogul technical info 1-800-325-8886 where I asked them about their pistons.

Last edited:
Back