need an engine

92redbird

I have a 92 sc that has a bad rod knock, instead of rebuilding, I just want to drop a used engine in its place, doesn't have to be complete, just realy need a short block assembly(block, crank, heads) has to be in good running shape, prefer under 120,000 miles on it. Mine went at 117,000. Im located in northern wisconsin, hopefully find one within a 10-15 state radius, and I could pick it up. Let me know if anyone has something, not lookin to go real expensive. you can e-mail at manclr@students.gogebic.edu if thats easier.

well....i have one sittin on the floor but unfortunitly the reason its on the floor is because of a NASTY knock.....i spun a rod bearing :( you're probably not interested but let me know if you are

to: racecougar

I got your message, I'm checking on a couple of other motors people let me know about also, I'll get back to you shortly on yours, thanks

LightEMup said:
well....i have one sittin on the floor but unfortunitly the reason its on the floor is because of a NASTY knock.....i spun a rod bearing :( you're probably not interested but let me know if you are

That sucks, I know how you feel, I got the same thing goin on. I'd rather get a running engine if I get one, when mines out I can take some time and build it up right.

I also have a SC motor in wisconsin, It has about 80,000 miles on It. It is already pulled out of the car. Pulled It when I parted out my 89 SC due to rust. Motor has no problems. I have the whole motor exept supercharger and intake.

thanks for getting back to me guys :D I managed to find an engine that is close and in my price range. Im sure i;ll be needing more parts soon enough :( and I'll be back on asking for some more help.

Back