Possible Brake Problem????? Help!!

SubzeroLX

When I press on my brakes lightly my car/steering wheel pulls to the left. If u press firm, it seems to brake more straight, well alot more.
I had 2 shops look at it, test drive, both said brake cable problem.
Ok, had them BOTH replaced....didn't fix it.
The mechanic also inspected the callipers, cleaned them out, put in new pads, and turned the rotors.....everything looked perfect.

Now my question is Why is it still pulling??? If it was an ABS problem wouldn't my indicator light been coming on??

Thanx

Ryan
Subzero

Could possibly be a wheel bearing! I know that it don't make much sense that it only happens when you brake but it is worth a shot. Does it "woh" when you cut the wheel? I had the same thing happened to me on my '97. Whenever I would come off a ramp from the Thruway it whould make a "woh" sound and everytime I braked it would pull to one side. I checked it out and sure enough, changed out the hub bearing and never had another problem with it. Just jack up your front end and push on your wheel to see it it has any play in it.... my bearing was so insignificant that my mechanic told me there was nothing wrong with it untill he whiped out the stethascope (sp?), lol...
hope this helps a little man:cool:

-SC Steve

Did the mechanic take the caliper apart?

A tug to one side at low braking pressure then straight at high brake pressures get's me thinking about a caliper hanging up.

If the caliper piston on the oposite side of the pull is hanging on a rough spot in the bore, it could account for the pull since the one side is grabbing late.

Mike...yeah....the front brakes were basically torn apart and rebuilt.....the guy spent about 6 hours on my car trying to figure it out...said he tried everything he could think of...thats why i am looking for some new opinions now :) Thanx

Steve....whats with the "woh sound" dont think mine make any sounds....what did u mean by "cut the wheel"....sorry guess i'm dumb :) Thanx

Ryan
Subzero

Back