calibrating maf sensor

debo92sc

how do you calibrate your maf sensor for 42lb inj and a 255lph fuel pump?? is it something i can do myself??

thanx

It depends upon what MAF you currently have. I believe you can still use the C&L (30 & 36 lb injector tube) but you'll need an EEC tuner to modify the computer. If you search this topic I know it has been discussed before.

If you have a C&L a 73mm takes a red sample tube and if you have a 76mm it takes a purple sample tube for 42lb injectors.

im sorry guys im a little slow when it comes to this :confused: but what is a sample tube and do you know where i could get one??? i really appreciate all the help :)

debo92sc said:
im sorry guys im a little slow when it comes to this :confused: but what is a sample tube and do you know where i could get one??? i really appreciate all the help :)

Kyle, if you want a 76MM C&L with the correct tube for 42's, email me for a great price.

Hey Debo92SC,....

If you really want the best, Call Dave (XR7Dave) and get his opinion. He knows these cars VERY well and can help you with this. You seem to not know too much about it (just like me 2 years ago!!) and this is NOT something you want to play with.

There is A LOT of information here on the boards, some people rush into parts that are not MATCHED for their application.

Again, call Dave....

Don

debo92sc said:

OK, a lot depends on which non stock MAF you go with. If you go with one of the SCT or 80/90mm from the other blower Ford autos, you will need a chip or tuner to make it work with any injectors you are running, stock or aftermarket.

If you go with a C&L it uses your stock electronics and has a sample tube of different diameters to "fake" the OEM computer into the correct fuel curve/table based on the injectors you will be using.

Pro-M was the other brand out there, but they have just recently closed the doors. They would recalibrate the electronics that go into the MAF for the injectors you will be using. Granatelli is another company that has said it will "help" fill the orders for Pro-M customers because it was actually making the Pro-M MAF (I think).

The C&Ls are the easiest to use because all you do is just purchase a new correct tube for the injectors you are upgrading to.

The Pro-M style you have to send it back to have it recalibrated for you new injectors if you upgrade.

The SCT/Ford you would have to have your chip reburned or the tuner files rewritten.

Hope this was useful.

Back