Do you like a firm ride baby?

86eliminator

SCCoA Member
My ACR is stuck in Firm Ride mode. Its not blinking its just on FIRM no matter what. Does anyone have any idea why or what I can do to diagnosis why it wont switch to Auto? The dealer of course wants to charge me $50 to put it on a machine, blah blah blah. ANy help would be appreciated
butch_cub@hotmail.com

86eliminator said:
My ACR is stuck in Firm Ride mode. Its not blinking its just on FIRM no matter what. Does anyone have any idea why or what I can do to diagnosis why it wont switch to Auto? The dealer of course wants to charge me $50 to put it on a machine, blah blah blah. ANy help would be appreciated
butch_cub@hotmail.com
Pop off the actuators so you can see the top of the shock bolt. there's a little stem inside the bolt. sometimes you can spray some WD-40 in there and work the stem with some needlenose pliers. sometimes they will get stuck in one position or the other. just make sure the stem is lined up with the actuator before you put it back on.

Is it only the Firm Ride light that's always on or when driving do you feel that the shocks are at the firm setting?

If no one has a better idea, then try these two things:-
1) Unplug the Ride Select switch in the center console. It is a simple on/off switch which is closed in Firm mode and open in Auto mode. Unplugging the connector to the switch will automatically switch to Auto mode. See if the light goes off.
2) Lower the module tray in the trunk and switch between the two identical Hard Ride and Soft Ride ARC relays next to the ARC module. I'm not sure if this should make any difference, but I would try it as it's so simple to do.

Back