Bucking under full boost

asmoboba

Hey guys,

recently I've been experiencing a 'bucking' or 'lurching' under full or near full boost. The car is behaving fine at all other times, but when I am near full boost, especially on the highway or in 3rd, 4th, or 5th, the car lurches or seems to miss usually every 5 to 10 seconds for the duration of being under 5+ boost.

Any thoughts?

need a bit more information, the most obvious would be spark plugs and wires, then if not that, dis, cam or crank sensors, and finally vac leaks (not likely) and fuel filter.

later

al

not alot of info but it sounds like it could be bad plugs and/or wires.

Last edited:
Im experiencing something very similar. I replaced the plugs with autolites and it started doing the shaking and bucking about a week and a half later. Switched to original motorcraft ...34PP double platinums and it didnt help. My next step is changing the fuel filter since i havent changed it in a very long time, then im checking the wires connections and putting dielectric grease, then replacing plug wires and lastly the cam sensor. I'll keep in touch to provide any imput that might help u.

Last edited:
CaifanSC

Caifan- Did you replace the wires also? If they've been on there for any amount of time, they are also likley bad. Sometimes its obvious when you first turn the key after doing plugs, sometimes it takes a while. Use Motorcraft or Magnacore plugs

nah bro, i havent changed them. Before i do i wanted to try the filter because i cant even remember WHEN i changed it...so it seemed as a good thing to do. Even if its not the filter, it needed to be done. Before i spend money on the wires I want to check that its not just bad contact and im just gonna clean them up and put dielectric grease...if that doesnt work, then i'll get new wires (then if this doesnt work i'll change the cam sensor, which i doubt i have to do since its rather new). Whats the difference between the motorcraft and magnecor wires anyways? Also, how much does both of these wire sets run. I bought motorcraft the last time for mine, but i completely forgot how much they costed me. thanx

luis

Well.....Check supercharger belt for slippage:O)..Also I stay away from magnacores//Accell extreme wires made specifically for SC are best IMO..Good luck

HA! did everything i said i would...put changed fuel filter...nothing, put dialectric grease on old wires...nothing....put in new motorcraft wires......EUREKA! haha...that did it..so check ur wires man! it makes a hell of a difference... I got them for 48.99 plus tax at a local parts store that sells motorcraft stuff. i know u can also get them for that same price (better than fords 78 something) plus $7 shipping @ www.fordpartsnetwork.com .

Back