cobras venom and ricers boost

boostedbird

Okay yet another tale of a race that was too good not too post!!!! I was cruising on the vard here in utah and as i am, I come across I very nice looking 95 red cobra he has exhaust done, 3.55 gears, intake and little else. Well we run them and I take the guy by over a carlength :D . That was last week I talked with him he loved my car and we went our seperate ways.

Well I was out the week after and I am crusiing again looking for a car worth my gas and rubber. I come too the part on the vard that seperates from 2 lanes into 3 and as i come too the next red light I hear a load exhausted car coming up and its my good buddy with the red cobra. I nod to him and then next to him comes a really nice looking talon TSi all done up i've seen the guy before he has a FMIC, 16G turbo running 18PSI 3 inch exhaust etc etc its sweet for a DSM. Well the guy in the cobra looks at me and says he wants to run em again well i know somethings up so i say sure and the lights getting ready and hes reving the talons boosting and my superchargers whining! Light goes green and we're off and its me and the cobra dead even through 1st and then the DSM right next. Shift too 2nd and I take a slight lead and then he starts pulling HARD!! DSM now falling back by 1/4 car. As I grab 3rd and go balls out with my supercharger screaming in fury the cobra keeps edging ever farther ahead hes now got me by 1/2 car. We went through 3 green lights (Longest run I have had on the vard) and we got too over 100MPH and we stop at the light and he beats me by 2/3rds carlength and the DSM is about 1 car back at finish. I pull over with the guy in the cobra and say okay I know you did something and and he pops the hood and he has added a bigger TB, H-pipe with no cats, wider tires, short throw shifter and a 100 hit of good ole NOS!!!! :eek: I tell him well it took alot for you too beat me wait till i get my front mount, 10% overdrive jackshaft pulley (for a total of 15%) and a few other things too make me even faster. Know what he said?? "The best dam thing about getting ahead of me was he didn't have to hear the screaming of my supercharger!!!!" hahaha I asked was it load and he said "Ow HELL yeah!!!!" Made me smile :D

wow

that's one of the most amazing SC setups I have ever heard of, I would PAY you to ride in that thing

nice work man :]

Back