new motor, wrong oil pump?

93thunderbird

i orders a new motor from "s&s" engine remanufactacturing and they sent me the wrong oil pump (believe they sent 1 thats ment for the oil pan!?) oil pump on the paper work is saying "oil pump: k117") its an 89-93 sc long block motor (its going into a 89-90sc) i cant figure out were or if this pump even is ment 2 go with this block can sum1 pls help me!?!?

You need a Melling M246 which is a direct replacement late model pump and will work on any year SC. Summit sells them for about $80 part # MEL-M246

David

PS: Are you sure they sold you an SC motor and not a NA 3.8 ?

Check the following......

On the cylinder head corners, there should be a stamped "SC" on each head. Also, the block on the front (near timing cover) on the right of cover should be stamped (raised) "SC". If these are not there, DO NOT INSTALL THE MOTOR!!!

I have seen many people call engine places and say "I need a Thunderbird SC motor" and they get a N/A motor that will NOT TAKE the stress of Forced induction.

The oil pump for N/A and SC is mounted outside the motor. If the pump looks like it belongs inside...wrong pump. Call the place and ask questions.

Don

its all "sc" stamped

no no lol... sorry yes i alrerady made sure that was the first thing... it has a double timimg chian n the "sc" is stamped everywere but i guess they sent the wrong pump looks like its for a 5.0 or the lx motor...

Back