90 SC Cutting Out

BalouSC

I am fairly new to the SC's having owned one in the past. I recently bought a 1990 with quite a few miles on it (price was right). After it warms up it cuts out very sharply but when shifted into neutral and throttled up it clears out. It will actually die if you are sitting at a stop and it happens. It will also do it when it is just sitting there idling. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also do any of you live in the portland oregon area?

Cutting out

BalouSC said:
I am fairly new to the SC's having owned one in the past. I recently bought a 1990 with quite a few miles on it (price was right). After it warms up it cuts out very sharply but when shifted into neutral and throttled up it clears out. It will actually die if you are sitting at a stop and it happens. It will also do it when it is just sitting there idling. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also do any of you live in the portland oregon area?
I had a similar problem and it was the idle air control on the throttle body. It is the other sensor on the TB next to the TPS. Hope this helps...

Thanks I will try that. Is there any secret to getting people to reply, you are the first one to reply. Thanks for the help!!!!!

Back